Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Myfico Simulator Question

tag
rhall2009
Contributor

Another Myfico Simulator Question

I have a question about the simulator that is used here at Myfico. Now i understand that the simulator isn't to be taken 100% correct and that it is more informational than accurate however it is pretty close and that ymmv. My question is when you do the "pay your credit cards on time" simulation over 24 months does it take into account the decreased utilization, AAoA, and the time from your last baddie (if you have any) or just the first 2 being the utilization and AAOA. Just wondering if maybe more effects can happen during those 2 years if im just paying on time the way it says and not apping for any new accounts and gain no other baddies.

Thanks for your insights.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Myfico Simulator Question

Good question. When I had it, I just assumed with that example, that it took into account where you were currently. But then again, it is possible it can take into account that two more years of age will factor in. I don't know how it could simulate utilization when that can constantly change.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
CredStudent
Established Member

Re: Another Myfico Simulator Question

I believe it factors in your current file aging and assumes you will not increase the balance at all during those two years because if you increase the amount of the payment (even just to account for the spending which will be paid off before the statement) the amount of time forcibly goes down and can not be raised.

Fico08 6/22/16: EQ 643 TU 666 EX 683
C1 secured $1,000(opened 3/2013, closed 4/2016), QS1 $2,000 (opened 5/2015), Freedom $4,000 (opened 4/2016), BOA CR $1,500(opened 4/2016), NHL Discover IT $1,600 (opened 6/2016)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.