Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approaching CC Limits???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approaching CC Limits???

Good DAy!  I just noticed that my Fico score dropped from a 720 to a 660 over a one year period due to (newly opened) high CC balances.  I have two CC with balances approaching the CC limit.   I know I need to bring both balances down, however, should I focus on one more than the other, or try to bring them both down at the same time.   Please Help!!! 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approaching CC Limits???

FOCUSD_CHIC wrote:
Good DAy!  I just noticed that my Fico score dropped from a 720 to a 660 over a one year period due to (newly opened) high CC balances.  I have two CC with balances approaching the CC limit.   I know I need to bring both balances down, however, should I focus on one more than the other, or try to bring them both down at the same time.   Please Help!!! 

Do you have Microsoft Money? I would pay the one that is costing me the most down first.  That can fluctate and cannot be determined solely by interest rate.  Money has something called a debt reduction planner where you can give it the date you would llike to pay or plug in the amount you can dedicate to debt.  It wll calculate the best payment plan for you.  Not sure if quicken and the liek offer the same.  I'm a Money-holic.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I do have Microsoft Money, but never used it b4.   Guess, I better start now!  THe crazy thing is both of my new CC's are near their CC limit!  and for what it's worth, I haven't been late on any bills within the past 4-5 years, but recently decided to splurge and runn my CCs up in Jamaica!!! OopsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an FYI a 90% maxes card can hurt you almost as much as a collectio...

BTW Welcome to the forums...forgot my mannersSmiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow....wish I would've known beforehand, cause 90% maxes are exactly what I am dealing with.  Thanks for the advice! Time to focus on "upgrading" my score, again!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also copy and paste balances and limits into MS Excel and do a little analysis. Add a util column, a payment column, updated balance column, and an updated util column. You can game windfalls and BTs to "load balance" your CCs.

I don't use openoffice, but a lot of folks say good things about it. And the price can't be beat!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.