Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Account Not Reflecting

tag
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Authorized User Account Not Reflecting

Hi all!

I am working on rebuilding and I noticed that an account I'm an authorized user on (Capital One Quicksilver) does not reflect in my MyFico reports but reports everywhere else (Credit Karma, and all other credit monitoring I'm a part of through various companies). Why is this? 

MyFico (on all reports) is showing my credit score lower than every company has pulled lately. I've opened a few credit accounts to rebuild and every one has pulled a score of 635-665 and no bureau/report on MyFico  shows those types of scores (they show 564-619). 

I did some research and the reports they pull aren't reflecting the authorized user account that is almost 10 years old. 

Any advice/ideas would be appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Authorized User Account Not Reflecting

You didn't mention when you were added. When I was rebuilding, I was added as an authorized user to two of my wife's cards (both ten year old accounts). They showed up on my CK reports when the accounts billing cycle ended and reported to the CRAs. FICO showed about a month later. You (or the account holder) can always call to ask them to report.

Message 2 of 6
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

I was added many years ago as an authorized user. She recently changed me to an account manager so I'd be able to call and make any changes and have my own online account. That was about a month ago. 

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ashjt2011 wrote:

Hi all!

I am working on rebuilding and I noticed that an account I'm an authorized user on (Capital One Quicksilver) does not reflect in my MyFico reports but reports everywhere else (Credit Karma, and all other credit monitoring I'm a part of through various companies). Why is this? 

MyFico (on all reports) is showing my credit score lower than every company has pulled lately. I've opened a few credit accounts to rebuild and every one has pulled a score of 635-665 and no bureau/report on MyFico  shows those types of scores (they show 564-619). 

I did some research and the reports they pull aren't reflecting the authorized user account that is almost 10 years old. 

Any advice/ideas would be appreciated! 

MyFICO will be the real scores. Cant really go by what Vanatage sites score you as. MyFICO lags a bit behind the Vantage sites. Might show up on your next update.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@ashjt2011, click on Length of History, then click on the ? next to Average Age of Accounts:

FICO® Scores consider the average age of all accounts being reported. Generally speaking, having a relatively long credit history and not opening many new accounts is reflective of lower credit risk.

Authorized user accounts aren't considered in the calculation of this attribute.

Most FICO High Achievers have an average age of accounts of 9 years or more.

I have a 20+ year old AU card, but my average age is only 1 year according to myFICO.

Message 5 of 6
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

i had an AU card reporting and when the balnce start reporting as $0 month after month for some reason the card stopped reporting. Not the end of the world , if i cared more I would try to figure out why but i just dont really need it

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.