cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Accounts now are not counted in scoring model!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User Accounts now are not counted in scoring model!

There could definitely be differences that we don’t know about. That’s another reason why I love this group, we get an opportunity to discover figure them out sometimes. Let me ask you a question, do you have any accounts that are on EQ but that are not on the others? Or the reverse?
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
There could definitely be differences that we don’t know about. That’s another reason why I love this group, we get an opportunity to discover figure them out sometimes. Let me ask you a question, do you have any accounts that are on EQ but that are not on the others? Or the reverse?

Yes, I have a collection account on EQ that should be removed any day now.  Other than that, everything is the same.

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

DB2019 There’s the difference, they’re on different scorecards, so they’re going to most likely be treated differently as a result.
Message 33 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

I read the response from Cindy as “there are not many points available for setting up an AU”.  So why bother?

Instead of pursuing the idea that AU is magically adding many points to users accounts, perhaps it is time to stop, and start gathering data points. The AZEO method is similarly dangled to new members as an “optimization” method when for FICO 8 it is really just low utilization.  Maybe AU is similarly not a benefit.  

It seems most of the people we see trying for AU are rebuilding, and thus in dirty files. Others are new to credit, and experiencing rapid changes on thin files. Are any of those files quiet enough that the benefit of adding the AU is able to be isolated?   

Sigh, I don't normally disagree with you and I know you put the FICO 8 qualification in there, but AZEO is not FUD.

1/18 revolvers, 3/20 accounts EX FICO 2 = 777.

2/18 revolvers, 4/20 accounts EX FICO 2 = 770.

3/18 revolvers, 5/20 accounts EX FICO 2 = 765.

4/18 revolvers, 6/20 accounts EX FICO 2 = 764.

Sure, FICO 8 is *much* more forgiving in that it hasn't moved at all and might not for me until 9/18 revolvers on my old data for Experian, but the fact is when it's matters absolutely optimize... 12 points is half a mortgage tier, and I'd argue that FICO 8 scores really aren't that important.

You as an experienced member who like me has an absurd number of accounts anyway, can understand that it doesn't matter if the lenders aren't looking at your report/score anyway, and also that your own scores are above the fold so some small blemishes don't matter; however, the beauty of AZEO is that it's simple and works for literally everyone when it comes to FICO optimization strategy.

Don't discount it just because you don't need it, especially for members who find this forum who in 99.x% of the cases don't have your credit profile.

        
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.