Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Score

I somewhat recently got my very first auto loan and just this week my car was totaled in an accident. The accident was completely the other drivers fault, who ran a stop sign and hit the back portion of my car send my car spinning into a few parked cars. Thankfully everyone involved was okay. I've never made a late payment between my revolving credit accounts and my one auto loan. I have only 2 inquiries in the past 2 years on my report. One being the auto loan last April and the other being my cell phone carrier, which initially approved me for 10 lines. The car was being leased for about 11 months and was always paid on time. However, my revolving credit has my score at a 645 due to a couple hardships the past two months. My question is how hard will it be to get another auto loan (previously paying $280 for a Toyota Camry) being that my score isn't a 700+ like it was when I first applied. My credit card utilizations are the only thing keeping my score from being a 730+ (According to MyFICO) and I'm hoping to take care of that soon, but in the meantime I'm wondering if I'll be able to get another car to replace my lease.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Score

**Typo* my current FICO score according to MyFICO is 660
Message 2 of 4
silkysean
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
**Typo* my current FICO score according to MyFICO is 660

First off glad everyone ok.Next a fico of 660 isn't bad.Keep in mind your fico is 660 but when getting auto loans there is a Seperate fico score used.So yours may be higher or lower depends on history of auto loans And payments.At any rate if you're credit profile is aged good and a good mix of credit I don't see you having any issues getting another car lan or lease at a good Apr rate.I had a very thin file only 1 credit cad no loans and a Bk and got approved for Auto loan thru cap1 at a 3.5% on 22,500 loan do think my fico score was right around yours like a 670 or 682 and auto fico was lower.This was a couple years ago and since I have strengthened my credit all around.Good luck and choose wise 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sean.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.