Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azeo and a charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Azeo and a charge off

I have a question about doing Azeo for a mortgage and an unpaid charge off. It has not reported since 2019. I had 3 other charge offs that were also not reporting and I paid those and my score dropped drastically and it has been a mess ever since.

Can I still do the Azeo method with an unpaid charge off? From what I see there is a balance on my report, but According to my utilization-it's not showing. 
Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Azeo and a charge off

Which site is showing 0% util. Its probably a Vantage site. Main thing home loan lenders want all past due accounts paid before apping. That includes CA's. Once its settled then your scores will go up. How much is unknown. The new update may hold back some. Thats how you got nailed from the updates after paying the 3. You paid 3 and have one left over. You can join Discover Scorecard and see where your EX FICO util is at. Its free without being a cardholder. Once its settled you can pull a 3B report from here and see where you FICO Mortgage scores sit. AEZO is good for Mortgage scores. Welcome to the forums.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! Thanks so much. The reporting is from

Here. I don't do vantage since it's not even used anywhere. Hmm I feel like it needs to be paid. I asked the lender today if it needs to be paid and could t get a straight answer. He said well it might drop it or it might not. I don't know/ so no help there. 

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If it hasnt reported since 2019. What is the DoFD? This may be why it isnt counting against your util. Or your very lucky.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a dofd of 3/19. Stopped reporting very end of 2019. Then I paid it and of course it looked like a brand new charge off. When I'm on my dashboard and I look at my utilization it says 0%...I have a sm balance I'm waiting to report. I'm guessing I need to leave that other charge off alone. I must be lucky but prob also stupid to have paid it. I feel like I messed things up worse.

@FireMedic1 wrote:

If it hasnt reported since 2019. What is the DoFD? This may be why it isnt counting against your util. Or your very lucky.

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nah. It will look so much better to future creditors you paid your debts. It will stay that way and keeps your util low since you took care of it. So a win in a way. Then AZEO will keep on working as usual. Now for that thing to age off.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a revolving or installment account? What is the balance reported? 

If the unpaid charge off is reporting a balance then it is factoring into utilization with Fico scoring models. Utilization metrics provided by credit monitoring services will not always include CO balances in the utilization metrics they show you, but it will definitely be included when it comes to scores.

Mortgage lenders will usually require that CO's are paid to a $0 balance prior to approval.

If this account has not updated since 2019 you may expect a decrease in score as the TPOD is updated. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.