Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

BT

Opened a new citi for the 21month 0 BT and once reported ex dropped 25 points and TU 20 points . Oh well,overall I will take the interest saved over a higher score as I don’t need credit for the next few years🙄
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BT

Have you determined the factors that caused your score drop?  Which bureau(s) did you take the HP(s) on?  What was your AoYA before the new account and what was it after?  Did your utilization change at all before/after?  What was your AAoA before/after?

Message 2 of 10
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Overall uti remains the same, however this card limit is much lower than my venture so uti on he Citi 64%😩limit is only 4700 will just whittle it down fast as i can . Even though I’m not going to app anything for the next few years it still hurt my heart! TU reported and down 22 points. How do i determine the AoYA
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AoYA is simply the age of your newest account, which is now 0 months from you just opening the BT card.  What was the age of your youngest account before that?  If it was > 12 months, a 20-25 point drop is perfectly possible.

You also suggested that your highest individual card utilization may have increased quite a bit.  If the card you were previously at 64% utilization on was the one you did the BT from and your BT card has a lower limit, it suggests higher individual utilization.  This can of course play a big role in a score drop as well.

Message 4 of 10
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

AoYA was less than 12 months, but my uti on the venture was only 12% because my CL is higher!! I think that’s the explanation. It sucks but I don’t want to pay interest if I don’t have to . Would have liked a higher SL but Citi does not faves me with high limits. My DC still sits at 3800 and never gets an increase via soft pull . Amex, cap, and chase seem to like my profile
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say you identified the reason above.  In taking your highest utilization card from 12% to 64%, you crossed 2 thresholds.  It's possible you would have received the score drop you saw due to that and possibly the age of accounts factors being slightly reduced as well.

Message 6 of 10
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

That’s what i was thinking ! Still hurts to see , but it will recover as soon as I get that balance down !
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reduced debt [not paying interest] is > credit scores.

You're doing the right thing.  On a longer timeline, your scores will be as good or better except you will have saved money in the process, so that's a win-win.

Message 8 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Opened a new citi for the 21month 0 BT and once reported ex dropped 25 points and TU 20 points . Oh well,overall I will take the interest saved over a higher score as I don’t need credit for the next few years🙄

What are your FICO 8 scores?

Congrats on taking steps to reduce interest cost.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 10
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Before the drop of 25.20,22 they were 740,745,765.  I hate it, but maybe I can get an increase in Citi before the 21 months promo is over but I doubt it. They dont like me. If I left it on the Venture with a very healthy limit, I would pay interest.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.