Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost all three scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boost all three scores

Just looking for any tips to help me gain any points I can on Fico 8 my Experian is 761, Equifax 767 and transunion is 754. I Currently have 0% utl on my revolvers I heard if I leave a small balance on one I could gain a decent ammount of points, unless they count my american express plat which doesn't show a limit, Below I listed all my account ages. Only one Hard pull, No late payments or collections. No debt

1. 6 years 7 months

2. 5 years 12 months 

3. 4 years 11 months

4. 4 years 10 months.

5. 4 years 9 months 

6. 4 years 9 months 

7. 4 years 9 months.

8. 4 years 9 months ( closed )

9. 4 years 9 months ( closed )

10. 4 years 9 months ( closed )

11. 4 yers 9 months ( closed ) 

12.  4 years 9 months ( closed )

13. 3 years 5 months  

14. 3 years 3 months

15. Just opend this month/ not showing yet.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Boost all three scores

Letting a small balance report on one card should boost your scores. I let $10 report on one card, while all others report $0. #AZEO

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are good!  Do you have a goal score? It sounds like you're doing at least the most important things right...payment history, amount of debt isn't too high, your length of credit history may need to increase; also, credit mix is also a factor. Do you have any installment loans? I think you'll just have to keep doing what your doing and time will help improve your score.

Message 3 of 8
nwa479
Regular Contributor

Definitely leave a small balance reporting on one card.  You might gain anywhere from 15 to 25 points depending on other factors in your profile. 

Also look at your credit mix and other scoring segments and review the negative reason codes to see what might be affecting your scores. 

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never had any car or house payments yet, the only thing on my report is all cards.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to acheive 800 across all three on Fico 8.

Message 6 of 8
nwa479
Regular Contributor

To achieve 800 I would look closely at the components of the fico score and look at any negative reason codes.  Credit Mix would be 10% of your score, so you are losing some points here not having any installment loans.  

Check the form for SSL loans, which can help you build up the installment loan part of your score.  I am not that familiar with these, but I've seen some posts where loans are available that allow you to pay down to 9% remaining on the loan, which would maximize your installment loan score.  This would also improve your mix.  

Good luck.  You have a good profile and should be able to reach 800 with a few adjustments. 

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 7 of 8
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@nwa479, I was going to suggest the same thing, PenFed and Navy Fed both have SSLs available which allow prepayment which in turn pushes out the next due date months, or years as the case may be, into the future.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.