cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bureau report does not match MyFico Report??

tag
gps150

Bureau report does not match MyFico Report??

Ok, let me do my best to describe my convoluted problem. I am currently trying to buy a house, so I am doing various things to improve my credit.

I had a negative closed account, and I worked with the original creditor to change the account status to a clean closed account. They did this, and it reflected accurately on Transunion and Experian on my MyFico 3B reports as an account in good standing. My Equifax MyFico 3B report changed, but it still has a negative status because it now shows a new thing: a "90 day late" status in January 2022 in the "Older Derogatory Events" section. This is impossible for several reasons. It was closed in 2020, has no balance, is reporting as a clean account to both other bureaus, and January 2022 is definitely not "older". It is not showing in the monthly payment history either.

I have spoken with the creditor and they swear up and down that they did not report any late payment.

I have spoken with Equifax on the phone and they have nothing showing any late payment; they show a clean account.

I have spoken with a MyFico rep and they were absolutely no help. I am at my wit's end.

This late payment notation is ONLY shown in my MyFico Equifax report.

There is a discrepancy between the bureau report pulled directly from the bureau and the FICO report for that same bureau. How is this possible, and what can I possibly do about it? It's killing my score and singlehandedly preventing me from qualifying for a mortgage. Please help!

7 REPLIES 7
gps150

Re: Bureau report does not match MyFico Report??

I have captioned screenshots that illustrate the discrepancy, but it doesn't seem that I can insert them into the thread. If some kind person might be interested in my problem and wants to see the evidence, I can show them.

Message 2 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Is the discrepancy from the report you are pulling your self, or from one pulled by a mortgage lender? 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The reports from annual credit reports website is the most accurate, real deal file. MyFICO is a CMS service and like all the others and they have their inaccuracies.

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@gps150 wrote:

Ok, let me do my best to describe my convoluted problem. I am currently trying to buy a house, so I am doing various things to improve my credit.

I had a negative closed account, and I worked with the original creditor to change the account status to a clean closed account. They did this, and it reflected accurately on Transunion and Experian on my MyFico 3B reports as an account in good standing. My Equifax MyFico 3B report changed, but it still has a negative status because it now shows a new thing: a "90 day late" status in January 2022 in the "Older Derogatory Events" section. This is impossible for several reasons. It was closed in 2020, has no balance, is reporting as a clean account to both other bureaus, and January 2022 is definitely not "older". It is not showing in the monthly payment history either.

I have spoken with the creditor and they swear up and down that they did not report any late payment.

I have spoken with Equifax on the phone and they have nothing showing any late payment; they show a clean account.

I have spoken with a MyFico rep and they were absolutely no help. I am at my wit's end.

This late payment notation is ONLY shown in my MyFico Equifax report.

There is a discrepancy between the bureau report pulled directly from the bureau and the FICO report for that same bureau. How is this possible, and what can I possibly do about it? It's killing my score and singlehandedly preventing me from qualifying for a mortgage. Please help!

The MyFICO report doesn't go to anyone except you, so you can stop worrying about it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 8
gps150

It is from the report I pulled myself, from the equifax website.

Message 6 of 8
gps150

Well, the problem is it seems to be suppressing my Fico 5 mortgage score. My MyFico report may only go to me, but my Fico scores are highly important to me right now as I'm trying to qualify for a mortgage.

Message 7 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@gps150 wrote:

Well, the problem is it seems to be suppressing my Fico 5 mortgage score. My MyFico report may only go to me, but my Fico scores are highly important to me right now as I'm trying to qualify for a mortgage.

Understood, but if the reports pulled from the bureaus/annualcreditreport directly are correct, then I wouldn't worry about it. MyFICO may just be experiencing a glitch/lag in reporting. Rest assured, lenders won't see what the myfico report shows. They'll see whatever the report taken directly from Equifax/annualcreditreport.com pull show.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.