Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT/Experian Reporting and Score Questions

tag
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

CCT/Experian Reporting and Score Questions

I haven't been checking my score much recently because I've not done anything that would result in much change. However, I got one of those "Review Alerts" emails that was compelling enough for me to check Smiley Happy. I was pleasantly surprised to see my Experian score went up. It seems some late payments on two accounts (both Capital One) from 2015 are gone from my report (Yay!). The late payments on both accounts were from April 2015 so I was not expecting them to come off for a few ore months. So, This brings me to my question.

I'm trying to figure out if this is/was an Experian thing to remove them or if Capital One stopped reporting them from to all bureaus. I did a three bureau pull to check TU and EQ but the payment history chart on CCT only shows four years for TU and EQ (see pic). It shows seven years for EX only. 

If anyone has insight I'd be grateful. Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 1.00.28 PM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: CCT/Experian Reporting and Score Questions

@Caardvark wrote:

I haven't been checking my score much recently because I've not done anything that would result in much change. However, I got one of those "Review Alerts" emails that was compelling enough for me to check Smiley Happy. I was pleasantly surprised to see my Experian score went up. It seems some late payments on two accounts (both Capital One) from 2015 are gone from my report (Yay!). The late payments on both accounts were from April 2015 so I was not expecting them to come off for a few ore months. So, This brings me to my question.

I'm trying to figure out if this is/was an Experian thing to remove them or if Capital One stopped reporting them from to all bureaus. I did a three bureau pull to check TU and EQ but the payment history chart on CCT only shows four years for TU and EQ (see pic). It shows seven years for EX only. 

If anyone has insight I'd be grateful. Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 1.00.28 PM.png

I'm pretty sure it was an Experian thing.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 4
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

I don't know if it's relevant, but here are some additional DPs on weird payment history involving Experian:

Two months ago, I got added to an AU card with a 20+ year history. When it appeared on my reports, Experian showed 7 years of payment history, back to 2014. Equifax showed 4 years, back to 2017. Transunion showed 2 years, back to 2019.

That AU card made me scoreable, so I signed up for CCT and my FICO8's followed exactly the opposite of the pattern I would expect: TU > EQ > EX. Doubly strange, EX was the only one of the 3 bureaus that didn't have a hard pull. Everything else was identical.

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

There has been a few posts for deleted negs on reports from some posters recently. Holiday gifts. Once the last late is reported. Its the CRA and not the creditor that removes it. Congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.