Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT future prediction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT future prediction

How accurate is the future estimate thingy on CCT? It shows no change in score until the 12th month of on time payments. Below is today's screenshot. I still have 11 months left on a 0% card, and have a solid card lineup, therefore have no need to apply for anything else until that 0% ends. My AAoA is young at 3.2 yrs, so I realize I just need to be patient and let them age. Since I have no plans to apply for anything for the next year, the only reason that I care if my score goes up is for CLIs and APR reductions...and to pat myself on the back. I'll be out of the country for the next 6 months and none of the cards will see any use, i'll just let spotify report to keep my 1%. 

My question is should I just resign to the fact that my score will be stagnant for a year? Or might it still rise a little bit despite CCT saying it won't until i hit that 12th month of on time payments? I'm not crazy about being borderline yellow, I'd prefer to be solidly in that light green zone.

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 5.46.18 PM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCT future prediction

Your scores will continue to slowly climb upward assuming you are doing the right thing and not screwing up.  Don't rely at all on that CCT simulator or ANY credit score simulator; they are all garbage.  None of them can possibly take into account all of the factors going on within your credit report, so they are giving you a guess based on only a small snapshot of the data.  Not accurate.  You'll get better advice on here from people with similar profiles letting you know what happened with their scores over X amount of time.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

simulator! that's the word I was looking for. Thanks.

My brain isn't working today. I called in an order earlier to a distributor I've been buying from for 10 years. I forgot my account number. My 4 digit account number. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happens!  Keep up the good work and handle your credit responsibly and your score will grow.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.