Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check this out!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check this out!

I applied for a refi 12/19/07...my scores were TU 615 Exp 619 EX 584..I followed all the info from everyone on here and I pulled my scores today...Thanks to you all

TU 653 Exp 646 Ex 619... I know not great ..but I can refi now and know what I have to do from here...

I am a little worried that pulling my own scores will cost me points though...I really hope these are the same scores the Lender will see in the morning...

Message Edited by 1creditconfused on 02-11-2008 10:07 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: Check this out!

pulling your own scores is safe Smiley Happy
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a refi 12/19/07...my scores were TU 615 Exp 619 EX 584..I followed all the info from everyone on here and I pulled my scores today...Thanks to you all

TU 653 Exp 646 Ex 619... I know not great ..but I can refi now and know what I have to do from here...

I am a little worried that pulling my own scores will cost me points though...I really hope these are the same scores the Lender will see in the morning...

Message Edited by 1creditconfused on 02-11-2008 10:07 PM

As long as you pulled the scores from here (myfico.com), you're good. The only one who will ever see your inqs is YOU. The scores received here are classic scores, which are what mortgage lenders see. Congratulations on your score increases.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Dang, confused, great work in 7 weeks!

Don't worry about pulling your own scores. No matter where you pull them from, it's a soft inquiry, and it doesn't hurt your scores. If you ever pull a full report directly from the credit bureaus, either your annual freebie or paid for, you'll see two separate sections of inquiries. Your own score pulls will be in a section called "scores viewable only by you", or some such --those are all softs: not scored, and not viewable by lenders.

The scores you pulled today should be the same scores as your lender sees, with the possible exception of TU. TransUnion commissioned a new FICO formula a while back, and some lenders are using the new one, and some are using the old one, which appears here. (myFICO will switch to the new one when 50+% of lenders use the new one.) But I don't think that it will affect you. My understanding is that the only change in the new one is that it will calculate all lines of credit as revolving and some other specialized quirks.

Good luck in the morning! Please let us know how it went.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.