Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi FICO Equifax Score question

tag
Ammer
New Contributor

Citi FICO Equifax Score question

Hi,

probably answered before... but couldn't find it.

My Citi Prestige card provides me with a FICO score from Equifax. It is 771. What score is that ? Is it a real FICO score ? They don't state the range like 300-850 or so.

Who has more information or a link ?

Thanks.

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi FICO Equifax Score question

It is a true FICO score.  If I remember correctly, it is the Equifax Bankcard Enhanced version, also known as BEACON 09 Bankcard, which is on a scale of 250-900, or something close to that.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 8
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Is it available only with the Citi Prestige or does Citi Premier also gives it. I have had the card around the month but my first statement is yet to be closed. If so it will be a good value add for me.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Beck.  I believe that most or all Citi cards get it now.  My Citi Double Cash gets the free score.  But since that is a pure Citibank question, you probably should just call them and they'll tell you.

Ammer... As far as how to interpret the BankCard Enhanced version of FICO 8, that's an interesting question.  Because that score can in theory get as high as 900, the closer your BCE score is to 851, the higher the probability is that your standard FICO 8 (300-850) will be lower.  (If you have a BankCard Enhanced score of 851 it is 100% certain that your standard FICO 8 is lower.)

Since your BCE score is 771 a fair guess is that your standard score is not much higher (though it could be).  If you sign up for the myFICO monitoring package, you'll get almost every score under the sun, including the BCE and standard score using the EQ data.  Even if you don't want to pay for the monitoring service indefinitely, it might be helpful to compare the two scores.  Suppose one is 771 and the other is 768.  You can't conclude with certainty that your standard score will always be 3 points lower than the BCE score, but that would give you some grounds for believing that the two scores are (in your case) pretty comparable.

Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Just from my own datapoints, for FICO 8 my baseline scores are all lower than my Bankcard or Auto Industry Option scores.

There's no set standard (ranges from 3 to 20 points on my file) though even looking across my 3 bureaus as they've changed over the past few months that I've had a couple of MF pulls done.  That is with a 30/60 day late on an old BOFA credit card even.

        
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, R.  Curiously, my three Bankcard Enhanced scores have a 15 point spread between them -- but my three standard scores are almost the same.  (Two are exactly the same, one is 1 point lower than the other 2.) 

But yes, my BCE scores are much higher than the standard scores.

I am guessing that the "BCE > Standard" pattern would begin to be less common once you start looking at scores that are significantly lower than the mean.  Because although the BCE's theoretical maximum is higher than the standard model, the BCE also has a theoretical bottom that is lower (250 I think).  At any rate, I imagine it also has a good deal to do with the details of a person's unique profile.

Message 6 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Beck.  I believe that most or all Citi cards get it now.  My Citi Double Cash gets the free score.  But since that is a pure Citibank question, you probably should just call them and they'll tell you.

Ammer... As far as how to interpret the BankCard Enhanced version of FICO 8, that's an interesting question.  Because that score can in theory get as high as 900, the closer your BCE score is to 851, the higher the probability is that your standard FICO 8 (300-850) will be lower.  (If you have a BankCard Enhanced score of 851 it is 100% certain that your standard FICO 8 is lower.)

Since your BCE score is 771 a fair guess is that your standard score is not much higher (though it could be).  If you sign up for the myFICO monitoring package, you'll get almost every score under the sun, including the BCE and standard score using the EQ data.  Even if you don't want to pay for the monitoring service indefinitely, it might be helpful to compare the two scores.  Suppose one is 771 and the other is 768.  You can't conclude with certainty that your standard score will always be 3 points lower than the BCE score, but that would give you some grounds for believing that the two scores are (in your case) pretty comparable.

Really? Can you tell me the path you are using to see your fico with the double cash?. i don't see it when i log in.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure.  Log in to your Citi DC through the Citicards.com site.  You should see 4 menus at the top, going from left to right:

Accounts

Payments

Card Benefits

Account Management

Click on Card Benefits.

Then scroll down aways.  You will pass through several different sections, each of which has several related links and icons in it.

Look for the section entitled: "Credit & Account Protection."  In that section you should see several links and icons.  One of them should be FREE FICO SCORE.  Even after you click on that you may have to drill down one or two levels further.  But you should eventually find it.  If you don't see the FREE FICO SCORE icon, it may be that you have to call Citi and request that it be added.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.