Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection PFD or Don’t Pay At All

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Collection PFD or Don’t Pay At All

I have 1 collection account with Sprint from 2014 reporting only on EX. When I called to ask how much it was they stated $400 which is false. In 2015 I made a payment less than the full balance so they could stop harassing me *they stopped*. Problem I don’t have the papers showing that I already made payments. My other concern is that since this is not a new collection will it make a difference if I let it sit OR should I pay it off and cross my fingers for a score increase? 🤨

Also do collections play a part in average age of accounts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Collection PFD or Don’t Pay At All

@CivalV wrote:

I have 1 collection account with Sprint from 2014 reporting only on EX. When I called to ask how much it was they stated $400 which is false. In 2015 I made a payment less than the full balance so they could stop harassing me *they stopped*. Problem I don’t have the papers showing that I already made payments. My other concern is that since this is not a new collection will it make a difference if I let it sit OR should I pay it off and cross my fingers for a score increase? 🤨

Also do collections play a part in average age of accounts?

You should try to get pay-for-delete but even if you can't, pay it off.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection PFD or Don’t Pay At All

Only OC tradelines factor into AAOA: if you can get the collection nuked that is always a good thing.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.