cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections removed - why such a big difference?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections removed - why such a big difference?

Last week I was able to have a 3-year-old collections account removed from all three CRA's. I technically had three accounts with this collections agency (only 1 was reporting to Experian, 3 to Equifax, and 1 to Transunion). When the one account was removed from Experian, I got a 13 point boost. However, I only got a 1 point boost from EQ (all three were removed) and TU. There's also a 50-60 point difference between my EQ/TU scores and EX, even though they're all reporting the same information. Why could that be?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections removed - why such a big difference?

Pull your ACRs and see if its still there, they’re free weekly til April.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections removed - why such a big difference?

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week I was able to have a 3-year-old collections account removed from all three CRA's. I technically had three accounts with this collections agency (only 1 was reporting to Experian, 3 to Equifax, and 1 to Transunion). When the one account was removed from Experian, I got a 13 point boost. However, I only got a 1 point boost from EQ (all three were removed) and TU. There's also a 50-60 point difference between my EQ/TU scores and EX, even though they're all reporting the same information. Why could that be?

Was that all of your reporting CAs that were removed?

I have seen basically no score gain from CAs coming off while others are still reporting.

SO had his only CA removed from TU and EX and got +35-56pts from their removal.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.