Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused...

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Confused...

I had some attempted fraud on my FNBO Evergreen Card last week and had to have the card replaced. Last night, I got an alert that my EQ FICO has changed. I opened the app to find that I lost 14 points, due to the old FNBO card being closed and reported a $0 balance. EQ is reporting no recent revolving balances, even though the new FNBO card reported a balance of $428 (including the fraudulent amount)! The other two CRAs seem to be able to navigate this monumentally unique event (extreme sarcasm here) in the proper manner. What is the problem with EQ?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Confused...

A severe lack of experienced people, poor training, outsourced labor force, who's inexperienced, poorly trained, under-supervised... I'd be half tempted to call them and ask for a supervisor for an explanation and correction... Because I'm too impatient to wait to see if the reporting corrects itself in the coming months.  

Message 2 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, @JoeRockhead, I'm tempted to do the same, except I've personally experienced (and have read on this forum) simple things going sideways with EQ. I'm going to allow another card to report in the next week or so to get back to AZE2. If it doesn't correct itself with that, then I'm going to call them and give them a lot of "what for."

Message 3 of 12
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Yes, I've had the displeasure of experiencing EQ gone sideways personally Smiley Happy. I had to get a supervisor on the phone because the first rep had absolutely no clue as to what she was talking about, but thankfully the supervisor did, and handled the issue accordingly.  

Message 4 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I'll give it about a week or so when my Discover Card will report a small balance.

Message 5 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I would dispute it. It's not a new account, it's just a change in card number.

Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 6 of 12
BuckyB
New Contributor

Interesting, I reported a lost FNBO getaway card a few months ago and they closed it and opened a new one with the same age as the old one and I did not see any score change.

Message 7 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@BuckyB wrote:

Interesting, I reported a lost FNBO getaway card a few months ago and they closed it and opened a new one with the same age as the old one and I did not see any score change.

They didn't report it as a new card, but this thing is all messed up at this point. It's a combination of FNBO and EQ screwing up. Everything is reported as it should be on TU--new card number reported in place of the old card number. EQ had both the old card number and the new card number reporting and somehow I lost 14 points for no revolving balance reporting. EX is now reporting lost or stolen card and not reporting the new card number, so I lost 22 points for no revolving balances reporting. I think this is on FNBO for not reporting properly.

One would think that this is a rather simple transaction for CC issuers and CRAs. These things must happen on a daily basis and yet it got messed up in just about every conceivable manner. I just don't understand.

Message 8 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Screenshot (180).png

Message 9 of 12
BuckyB
New Contributor

So, when FNBO closed my lost card, they did open a new tradeline on mine.  They marked the lost card tradeline as "Closed - Lost/Stolen" and opened a new tradeline.  The new tradeline has the same opening date as the lost card.  However, this (AFAIK) did not cause a point loss on my CRs.  YMMV.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.