Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureau Diffetences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Bureau Diffetences

After pulling all 3 scores and reports. It seems that Transunion's scor ed is about 50 points higher than the other two.  But if also looks like a few positive closed accounts are on Transunion but not EX or EQ.  

Is there a way to get the positive items to show on the other two?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Bureau Diffetences

How current is that info? Was it for accounts that were opened in the last 90 days? Are they much older? If they are new, just have to wait and see when they update. If they are older, than thats who the creditor wants to reports to. Can't make them otherwise. I have accounts that report only to one. Some report only to 2 and some to all 3. Even if all 3 are reporting the same, there will always be slight differences between reports to give point gaps. 

Edit: My bad, didn't see the "closed" part. I saw few and thought it said new. Its late, just got off work. I need sleep. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 2 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

How old are the closed accounts?  

Accounts in good standing generally only remain on your reports for ~10 years after the closing date.  So if they are around that age, they may have fallen off EX & EQ already... and will eventually fall off TU (unless you get lucky and they slip through the purge cracks and remain for longer). 

It's also possible the accounts never reported to all 3 bureaus, only TU - which may have been at the lenders' discretion. 

Getting a closed account to report could be quite difficult -  you'd have to reach out to the lender and hope they still have all of the account info readily available for reporting (and not somewhere in a legacy system) and then try to persuade them to report it.  Unlikely to be successful but you can try...  it wouldn't be worth the effort if the account is nearing that 10 year mark tho.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Excellent answers from above.

Please provide detailed data for proper feedback. If not, it'll be speculation.

Message 4 of 8
donkort
Valued Contributor

Do the 3 credit bureaus use different algorithms?

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

Excellent answers from above.

Please provide detailed data for proper feedback. If not, it'll be speculation.

+1

Message 6 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@donkort wrote:

Do the 3 credit bureaus use different algorithms?

Yes and no. Each CRA has slight tweaks to core algorithm,  enough to cause different scores based on identical data. 

Some may be a bit more "sensitive" to utilization or number of cards with balances. New credit seeking, also. 

In my case, data is identical other than number of inquiries.  TU has 4 scorable, and it's my lowest at 753. EX has 2, and is at 761. EQ has none, 777. 

Two inq on TU will become unscorable soon, so I'll see if it comes close to EX score, because data will be identical at that point between the two. 

Message 7 of 8
donkort
Valued Contributor

Over all, my TU score has always been the lowest.  Just my luck that, in New York, they seem to pull TU most of the time.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.