Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Total to end this Year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check Total to end this Year?

Just got off with Experian cancelling my CCT subscription and the rep stated that CCT will be not be used anymore by Experian or maybe not in use at all anymore Smiley Surprised any one else hear similar? I did notice they stop giving out the discount from 24.99 to 14.99. I love CCT and it’s $1 holla feature lol
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Check Total to end this Year?

Already ending before I can even try them out. I heard good things and bad things about them. Can you really pull 3 full reports in one month?

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zolomon wrote:

Already ending before I can even try them out. I heard good things and bad things about them. Can you really pull 3 full reports in one month?

Yes. Once a week you can get a fresh look. Tomorrow is my update day -- I'm on the $1.00 trial right now.

Message 3 of 15
arkane
Established Contributor

They said the same thing to me 6 months ago when I first cancelled...

I mean I'm sure EX plans on discontinuing it at some point, because I'm sure the cat's out the bag long enough that they're most likely losing money on CCT. But for now just enjoy the ride while it lasts Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll believe it when I see it.

You can find threads from about a year ago that discussed this topic... where CCT was supposed to be replaced with a newer Experian product, the half price discount went away, etc.  I've probably done near 50 $1 trials at this point and have not experienced anything adverse at Trial 50 verses Trial 1 that has suggested to me that the dollar trials will be going away any time soon.  I agree that they're no doubt losing money on the product, but I also think that the percentage of people that abuse the service (like myself) are an extremely small minority.  Overall, they probably are making money off of many people that do the $1 trial and then just roll with a real membership after the 7 days is up.

Message 5 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

This is interesting because I was told the same thing back in March.  So I canceled it.  They told me to check out their website for the currentl lineup of products offered.  I have not done that yet, but have been wondering if it is worth doing the $1 trial off and on for now.  I thought I saw where at times, people had difficulties canceling.  Idk. 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RonM21This is interesting because I was told the same thing back in March.  So I canceled it.  They told me to check out their website for the currentl lineup of products offered.  I have not done that yet, but have been wondering if it is worth doing the $1 trial off and on for now.  I thought I saw where at times, people had difficulties canceling.  Idk. 

I've been doing at least one trial per month (sometimes two) for nearly 2 years now.  I would say it's definitely worth it to do them periodically.  As for difficulties cancelling, that's only with respect to excessive on hold times while waiting to cancel.  There are a couple of work-arounds for that, though, which can cut a 60-90 minute wait down to 1-15 minutes, which isn't unreasonable IMO.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done less than 10 trials over the last 15 months, but I have rarely needed to wait on hold to cancel using the main number. The entire call usually lasts about 2.5 minutes for me. I just try to call during a time that I think will be less busy such as on a weekend or near closing time. 

Message 8 of 15
stinastina
Established Contributor

They told me the same thing 2 weeks ago when I called to cancel. I'm glad it's not true.
BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled a trial 2 days ago and there was no mention at all from the CSR of the CCT product going away.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.