cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Inquiries - falling off soon

tag
Zippy9

Credit Inquiries - falling off soon

I have been doing the battle to improve my credit score and overall credit health. 23 months ago I bought a vehicle and due to my score at the time I needed inquiries with 5 banks. Those 5 scores will be dropping off soon obviously and I wanted to see if it will have an impact on my score. 

I've read that the inquiry is only impactful for the first 12 months and that the bureaus will group inquiries if it appears to be rate shopping, but with multiple models I didn't know if that was always the case. 

thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Inquiries - falling off soon

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If the inquiries are 23 months old then there will be no gain when they drop from the record in the next month.  You've already recouped your points when they aged to 365 days - and this applies to all FICO scoring models.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 3
Zippy9

Re: Credit Inquiries - falling off soon

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.