cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Recovery from Freedom Debt Relief (FDR)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Recovery from Freedom Debt Relief (FDR)

So I just completed my FDR and everything has been paid off per their settlement agreements.  For anyone thinking of doing this take a moment and try to do it yourself.  They're settlement fees are painful and I realized a little too late that you can do this on your own - even if the account is in collections with a law firm.  If there's one takeaway I could share is to face the debt head-on and reach out to your creditors.  I ended up saving myself $6k in fees by removing a debt from FDR and negotiating myself.

Aside from the comments above, does anyone have any experience with FDR and the impact that completing repayment will have on your credit?  Any idea when the debt is reported as closed / paid and the effect it has on your credit?

1 REPLY 1
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Recovery from Freedom Debt Relief (FDR)

Im sorry I don't have any answers for you but am replying in hopes someone who does sees your post.

I would also like to ask you a question if you don't mind because my good friend has been depositing funds with Freedom Debt Relief for 6 months. Regarding the settlements they made on your behalf: were any of them paid in installments or were they all lump sum payments once an amount was agreed on?

Thanks and welcome to the forum!

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.