Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Confusion????!!!!

tag
primandproper
Established Member

Credit Score Confusion????!!!!

Ok I am confused..... I purchased the scorewatch from myFICO and I am shamed to say that my score is a 528....was a 507 but just got a Capital One card last month and it has gone up already 21 points. Anyways, i tried to get secured credit card with Bank Of America but was denied. Of course they pulled my credit report....and this is what they said...........

"Your credit score, a FICO score, used by us in taking the above action is 591"

Now which one is correct? Im totally confused...

Help can anyone explain to me the difference and why I have to 2 FICO scores??????

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

2/26/13: 528-myfico EX
3/10/13: 533 myfico EQ
4/02/13: 539 myfico EQ
3/16/13: 566 EX(us bank)

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 539
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score Confusion????!!!!

SW tracks and monitors EQ. Are you certain BofA pulled EQ? IME they always pulled EX. 

Message 2 of 4
primandproper
Established Member

yes Bank Of America pulled Experian. Why are do they both say FICO score and why are they so FAR apart in numbers? Could that be correct???

by the way what is "IME"?

2/26/13: 528-myfico EX
3/10/13: 533 myfico EQ
4/02/13: 539 myfico EQ
3/16/13: 566 EX(us bank)

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 539
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IME = in my experience

I bet if you studied your EQ and EX reports they would be different. Look for obvious differences like different revolving utilization, accounts on one and not the other, overall length of history, baddies on one and not the other, difference in the mix of credit, length of revolving history, and baddies on one and not the other. Any of these can result in a significant score difference. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.