Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring 101 - START HERE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Scoring 101 - START HERE!

Hello just had a question. Im pretty new to all this, so please bare with me.  Now I read something about AU. Can you explain a little on that?  Also, I noticed that on my report some CC have me as co-signer or joint, when actually it should be AU. What should I do, or go about to fix that?
Message 41 of 272
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does credit coumseling that shows on some of my accounts hurt my FICO score....or do credit grantors frown upon this? My balances are being paid down significantly.
Any help would be appreciated
Thx Texas B. Smiley Happy
Message 42 of 272
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post! Only thing is in 4.5 years of monitoring scores working with people buying homes, I have still never send a score below 400. That kind of score is something that does take intentional disregard for credit to achieve. Many people who have had trouble but may have had a BK recently will have scores in the 530-580 range. The biggest thing you can do in a troubled time is to:

1) Don't stop paying all your cards , no matter what a BK attorney tells you. (If you do and have 0 credit that is established and clean after a BK it will be harder to rejuvenate your credit). Pick 1 or 2 with low minimum payments and keep them current and on time. You can reaffirm credit to allow to rebuild after a BK is discharged.

2) If it is too late, make sure to start rebuilding your credit immediately! There are many companies who will offer a credit card (if even secured) immediately after a discharge.

Again altogether great post Tuscani~
Message 43 of 272
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone. Please help to understand this!??

I don't get these scores from the credit companies. I have an account with another provider, which gives a different scores than MyFico. My score range from Equifax range in adifference of 40 points. My score on the other website is Equifax 701(08/06), here is 660(08/07) . My TU there is 616(08/06) here is 599(08/07) the diference is 19 points. My Exp is 654(08/06) and here is 666(08/07) the diference is 12 points. This is insane. Even if my credit score updated on the august 7th, I have nothing different on my report, which means no, new accounts, Inquires, delinquets, and no late payment. Tuscani . Do you have any Idea Why?

Message 44 of 272
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
I notice on my credit reports that there are several items (ie. auto loans, installment loans) that were paid off, but the notation of the account is 'Account closed at consumers request'. Does the fact that these accounts appear this way instead of "paid in full" (or the like) have any affect on my credit score?

thanks
Message 45 of 272
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

mmobea wrote:
Hi
I notice on my credit reports that there are several items (ie. auto loans, installment loans) that were paid off, but the notation of the account is 'Account closed at consumers request'. Does the fact that these accounts appear this way instead of "paid in full" (or the like) have any affect on my credit score?

thanks

FICO does not weight negatively against closed accounts with the notation, "Closed by Credit Grantor."

However, on a manual review, the credit underwriter is likely to "suspect" that you did something wrong, which, obviously, does not have to be the case. After all, this same notation will show if a credit grantor closes an account due to inactivity.
Message 46 of 272
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redamagon wrote:
I don't get these scores from the credit companies. I have an account with another provider, which gives a different scores than MyFico.

Depends who the other provider is, but odds are good it's a FAKO score. FAKOs will not match your FICOs.

Opinions vary about FAKOs. I see some merit in them as they do serve as a decent, rough guide about where one's FICOs are. Mine tend to remain within 30 points, one way or the other, of my FAKOs.

Message 47 of 272
ellensguy
New Visitor

I have always operated on a cash basis.  Now, I am trying to purchase a home, and have no FICO  score.  What is the best way to quickly establish myself in FICO?
Message 48 of 272
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ellensguy wrote:
I have always operated on a cash basis.  Now, I am trying to purchase a home, and have no FICO  score.  What is the best way to quickly establish myself in FICO?

Do you have any credit at all?

Message 49 of 272
ellensguy
New Visitor

I have utilities in my name, and I have purchased an automobile some time ago.
Message 50 of 272
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.