Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score drop

tag
bobnathan0295
Valued Member

Credit score drop

My vantage 3.0 score dropped 88 points (750 to 662) because my $750,000 mortgage got reported today.  My Experian Fico score is 656. I expect it to drop because of the mortgage has not been reported to Experian yet.

My credit card debt is $2000. Credit utilization is 10%. I have 5 credit card accounts with $16000 credit limit. I still have dozen late credit card payments and one chargeoff that was settled in 2020.

Is there any chance any of my credit card companies reduce the credit card limits ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
folks19
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit score drop

@bobnathan0295 wrote:

My vantage 3.0 score dropped 88 points (750 to 662) because my $750,000 mortgage got reported today.  My Experian Fico score is 656. I expect it to drop because of the mortgage has not been reported to Experian yet.

My credit card debt is $2000. Credit utilization is 10%. I have 5 credit card accounts with $16000 credit limit. I still have dozen late credit card payments and one chargeoff that was settled in 2020.

Is there any chance any of my credit card companies reduce the credit card limits ?

It is unlikely they will reduce your limit just because of a score decrease. They may reduce your limit if there was an actual change in how you manage your debt, especially with the creditor, say if you miss a payment or defaulted on another loan.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.