Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit utilization

Good morning. Just trying to get some more info on the upcoming score change that I should be getting. My utilization was 32% and now by my calculations when everything updates I should be at 10%. How much of a change should I expect? I know that it's other factors involved but I just wanted a idea. I'm right at the fair range trying to get to the good range .

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit utilization

Not knowing your exact details, below are benchmarks for FICO 8.

Remember these aggregate utilization thresholds: 8.9%, 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%
Remember these individual utilization thresholds: 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%

If you're not crossing a threshold, you won't be getting points.

Aggregate: 10-15 points for aggregate crossing a threshold.

Individual: ~5 points points for individual crossing a threshold.

Look into AZEO Technique. All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance e.g. $5-$10. Use a bank card. Do not use a store card.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you throw a little more at them to get under 8%? That would have you crossing two scoring thresholds and should leave enough headroom to keep you there after interest is applied.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea however the bulk of my utilization is from her au accounts one is 44% the other is 17% 

Message 4 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Hate to say it, but active AU accounts does not help you as much as you think if you already have other cards and established credit.

If you really need to use a AU CC for expenses, you may want to look in to getting a businesses credit card and make yourself an AU. Fico no longer reports AU to Credit Bureaus.(On businesses credit card)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I don't use them at all just was on them for the extra credit age even thou that is the weaker part of my profile(credit age) I figured the utilization was more important 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update. So my scores went up for the most part just waiting for my TransUnion to update. Almost at the 700 milestone 

Message 7 of 8
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Hate to say it, but active AU accounts does not help you as much as you think if you already have other cards and established credit.

If you really need to use a AU CC for expenses, you may want to look in to getting a businesses credit card and make yourself an AU. Fico no longer reports AU to Credit Bureaus.(On businesses credit card)

Not in my case https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Helped-me-understand-Transunion-scoring/... Seems the 2  very old active AU accounts showing on Experain & Equifax are the reason why my Transunion score is off by at much 19 to 25pts.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.