Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma - Tool Only

tag
CramEiko
Established Contributor

CreditKarma - Tool Only

So this is why you don't really follow CK's scoring model. I found this hillarious so I took a few screen shots to share. Please don't rely on their scoring models. More than likely it will drive you insane in their MICRO adjustments. I use CK for quick references's only. 

Good Luck!

1/15/191/15/191/25/191/25/192/3/20192/3/2019

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditKarma - Tool Only

Sure the VS 3.0 model is quite irrelevant since no lenders use it, but I'm not understanding your point with the images attached.  It looks like your VS 3.0 score is remaining quite constant (+/- 1 point) due to balance changes, something that depending on your limits/utilization percentages could also very well be the case with FICO scores.  If you were posting something like +85 points one month, then -92 points the next month for example I'd better understand the purpose of your post, but as of now I'm not really sure where you're going with it.

Message 2 of 7
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

It's not CK's scoring model. VS was created by the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). VantageScore is managed and maintained by VantageScore Solutions and is jointly owned by the three bureaus....

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Physh1 wrote:

It's not CK's scoring model. VS was created by the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). VantageScore is managed and maintained by VantageScore Solutions and is jointly owned by the three bureaus....

I don't think that's what he meant.  I think he meant the scoring model used by CK. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CramEiko wrote:

So this is why you don't really follow CK's scoring model. I found this hillarious so I took a few screen shots to share. Please don't rely on their scoring models. More than likely it will drive you insane in their MICRO adjustments. I use CK for quick references's only. 

I think BBS has made a good point.  Our OP seems to be criticizing Karma because it is giving updates of very tiny changes to the score -- or perhaps criticizing the model itself for fluctuating slightly due to slight changes in the report.

FICO based credit monitoring services do this too.  The myFICO Ultimate for example often sends updates of tiny changes to its FICO 8 Classic score.

Message 5 of 7
FlaDude
Established Contributor

If you understand CK's business model, the OP's updates make perfect sense. They want you to purchase products (loans, credit cards) that they get commission on. The more often they attract you to their site, the more likely you are to see something that catches your interest and makes them money. They do that by alerting you to anything, no matter how minor. This is not really limited to CK.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do think there's some truth to what you said above about these free sites wanting to get people to sign in, hopefully luring them to a new product.  I would think though if this were really the case of "more = more" they'd be coming up with all kinds of bogus alert "reasons" to bring people in... things like "Your Average Age of Accounts has increased!" or "An inquiry has reached 6 months in age!" or "An account fell off your report!"

There really are a million examples of alerts that could be provided to get people to sign in more often and attempt to rope them into credit products.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.