Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Differences in FICO Scores

I have credit watch with both MyFICO and TrueCredit, but my Equifax score on TrueCredit is two points higher than the Equifax score on MyFICO, can someone explain why the dfference in scores although they are with the same credit bureau?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Differences in FICO Scores

Read the FAKO vs FICO in the Credit 101 thread.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=11303&jump=true\
Message 2 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Nobody can explain this, 40. The short answer is they use different scoring models.  The score you get from TC frankly isn't worth the paper you print it on. Use TC to keep track of accounts.  

My EQ score from TC is 99 points lower than FICO.

Any correlation between TC and MyFICO scores is purely coincidental.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I have credit watch with both MyFICO and TrueCredit, but my Equifax score on TrueCredit is two points higher than the Equifax score on MyFICO, can someone explain why the dfference in scores although they are with the same credit bureau?

Two points is actually about as close as anyone will ever see their FAKO's and FICO's, and that's pretty much coincidence. You're one rare critter! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

cobra19 wrote:
Nobody can explain this, 40. The short answer is they use different scoring models.  The score you get from TC frankly isn't worth the paper you print it on. Use TC to keep track of accounts.  

My EQ score from TC is 99 points lower than FICO.

Any correlation between TC and MyFICO scores is purely coincidental.  

Spot on!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.