cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in credit score programs, which do you trust?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Differences in credit score programs, which do you trust?

Here is my setup and in my opinion, offers the best balance and most economical between monitoring credit and protecting your identity/profile all for just $9.95/month.

1. Experian IdentityWorks Plus ($9.95/month) - Daily report and FICO 8 update, realtime credit and identity (dark web) monitoring, EX credit lock (the most important feature not only for ID protection but also guarding against lenders pulling more times than they promise).  When scoring change is detected and I want to see the corresponding changes on TU and EQ, I initiate $1 trial at Credit Check Total.

2. TransUnion TrueIdentity (Free) -  Daily report update, credit monitoring, TU credit lock.

3. Equifax Lock and Alert (Free) -  EQ credit lock.  I don't know if this service provides more than just lock and alert because I singed up for EQ's free TrustedID last year that provides daily report and monitoring in addition, if you didn't sign up for TrustedID after EQ data breach, sign up for Lock and Alert and sure up your EQ profile.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is my setup and in my opinion, offers the best balance and most economical between monitoring credit and protecting your identity/profile all for just $9.95/month.

1. Experian IdentityWorks Plus ($9.95/month) - Daily report and FICO 8 update, realtime credit and identity (dark web) monitoring, EX credit lock (the most important feature not only for ID protection but also guarding against lenders pulling more times than they promise).  When scoring change is detected and I want to see the corresponding changes on TU and EQ, I initiate $1 trial at Credit Check Total.

2. TransUnion TrueIdentity (Free) -  Daily report update, credit monitoring, TU credit lock.

3. Equifax Lock and Alert (Free) -  EQ credit lock.  I don't know if this service provides more than just lock and alert because I singed up for EQ's free TrustedID last year that provides daily report and monitoring in addition, if you didn't sign up for TrustedID after EQ data breach, sign up for Lock and Alert and sure up your EQ profile.

This is a very reasonable approach and one I can follow for sure!

I have already done the CCT, I have a general membership w Experian

Next will look into EQ's services and see if I can get in on EQ lock. I looked at TrustedID and saw that I missed the deadline. EQ seems to have a $20 program that is available but I'm not there yet. However I will continue to look at my options.

Message 12 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I am new to myFico and have a strong commitment to keeping and building my credit now more than ever. 5 years ago I got divorced, stayed positive and have been proactive on building back my credit and saving for retirement. My question is what product do I trust in telling me what my scores are if there are so many products out there. For instance I have Credit Karma that tracks cs from TU and EQ then I have a free acct with Experian that shows me a score from them, then I have a credit card that tracks my score from Experian but there is a 30 point difference. Thats cookoo! I've been reading on here a lot and know that there can be as much as 79 different reports, etc etc but where can a newbie get scores to keep track of lets say every quarter? Some places want $30 per month and that gets expensive especially if you want 3 reports/scores.  I appreciate your answers and your advice. 

Unfortunately the best product is also the most expensive product: MyFICO monitoring, which gives you frequent updates of all 3 FICO 8 scores and either quarterly ($30 mo.) or monthly ($40 mo.) updating of the other scores and the reports.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.