Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in scoring agencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Differences in scoring agencies

I will be buying  a new car soon.  When I start checking my credit scores I have noticed that there is a wide range of scores depending on which website I check.  For instance if I run my credit score on Equifax.com and then run the same score from Idenity Guard, True Credit, etc. and only look at the score for Equifax they are very different.  Sometimes even 100 points.   And all are for Equifax!!  How do I know which agency is going to be used (and therefore which Equifax score the lender will see) when I go to purchase a car???

Message Edited by court316 on 09-14-2007 05:32 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Differences in scoring agencies

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The people who invented credit scoring must have been avid Dungeons and Dragons players. To calculate your score, they run their formula, then toss one red and three white d20s. If the red result is odd, they add the sum of the white d20s to your credit score. If the red die comes up even, the white d20s are subtracted.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Equifax is really depressing me to no end...I had four baddies deleted and my score DROPPED 65 points. Same baddies deleted off TransU and Experian, scores went up 35 points and 28 points, respectively.  Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.