Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT secured card

Hello, 

I have a Discover secured card for about 5 months, I added another $300 deposit to it which the rep said it wouldn't post for about 8 to 10 days. My question is could adding more money on a secured card, bump up your score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover IT secured card

If it lowers your utilization enough, yes

Message 2 of 3
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT secured card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, 

I have a Discover secured card for about 5 months, I added another $300 deposit to it which the rep said it wouldn't post for about 8 to 10 days. My question is could adding more money on a secured card, bump up your score?

Also, just to let you know.....I added $  to my card the other day and Discover reported to the bureaus off cycle with my balance that day and the current credit limit, not the new limit.   You my take a hit initially, as I did, with it reporting a balance off cycle that you may not have had the chance to payoff/down.   Once your credit limit increases with the additional deposit, they will again report to the bureaus on the normal report date which should reflect your higher cl and the stmt. balance.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.