cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute make score go up

tag
maxima89

Dispute make score go up

My score went up 30 points today via a score watch alert and I called myfico because I wanted to know why. I was told because i had disputed three items.So my question is...is my score really accurate then? And if my score is pulled by lenders today is that the score they're going to see?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Dispute make score go up

When you dispute OC accounts, certain aspects of the account are taken out of scoring including the balance, CL and payment history.  Other aspects such as AAoA, credit mix, account age are still scored.

CAs and PR are not removed and fully scored.

It is accurate for the credit profile it is scoring and once the complaint is resolved it will update to reflect any changes.

Yes, the lender will see that score and would probably require the dispute not only be resolved but the comment removed.

Message 2 of 8
maxima89

Okay I was asking because I'm applying for a auto loan and I like what my score went up to while the accounts are in dispute
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@maxima89 wrote:
Okay I was asking because I'm applying for a auto loan and I like what my score went up to while the accounts are in dispute

Just know that even if FICO is artificially increased for up to a month, lenders can still see and factor in those disputed accounts.

Message 4 of 8
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Just so you know, while you are in the disupute process, your scores may go up and down for awhile until your all disputes are resolved.

Message 5 of 8
maxima89

And I don't know if myfico site is delayed but I was just notified today by equifax that my disputes were resolved but myfico score is the same score that it went up to. But nothing was removed or updated so I'm confused
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@maxima89 wrote:
And I don't know if myfico site is delayed but I was just notified today by equifax that my disputes were resolved but myfico score is the same score that it went up to. But nothing was removed or updated so I'm confused

What kind of accounts were disputed? It's possible that FICO still sees the accout as being in dispute. Even if the dispute ends, the OC could have notated it in a way where the dispute comment is still within the comments section. Again, that depends on what was disputed and what it says now.

Message 7 of 8
maxima89

Apparently the disputes were really resolved and the new score is accurate because I just got approved for a auto loan today at my credit union with a 8.7 interest rate
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.