Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed EX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed EX

Disputed EX online this eve. Hope I was correct in doing so.

I posted the question here yesterday but received no response.

EX is reporting a derog with lates on my old mortgage which went to foreclosure. They also report the foreclosure itself in the public records section. Other CRAs only report the foreclosure.

My view is that the entire mortgage account should only be shown as a foreclosure, not as an derog account and a public record. Hope my assumption is correct.

EX's online dispute process allows a very minimal number of characters in the form. don't know if I was able to describe my dispute accurately enough.   

Will wait & see.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed EX

All I can say is the CRA translates whatever you put in to a 2-digit code to send it off to verify.

I wish you luck on this. EX does not bend 1 bit.  

Anderson wrote:
Disputed EX online this eve. Hope I was correct in doing so.

I posted the question here yesterday but received no response.

EX is reporting a derog with lates on my old mortgage which went to foreclosure. They also report the foreclosure itself in the public records section. Other CRAs only report the foreclosure.

My view is that the entire mortgage account should only be shown as a foreclosure, not as an derog account and a public record. Hope my assumption is correct.

EX's online dispute process allows a very minimal number of characters in the form. don't know if I was able to describe my dispute accurately enough.   

Will wait & see.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim, sounds as if this dispute method will not succeed.

Still not sure about my basis of disputing. Anyone had a foreclosure? Did the original real estate loan continue to show as derogatory AND show as a public record/judgement? 

Timothy wrote:
All I can say is the CRA translates whatever you put in to a 2-digit code to send it off to verify.

I wish you luck on this. EX does not bend 1 bit.  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my foreclosure reports both late payments and the foreclosure on all 3 agencies.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the bad newsSmiley Sad

procyon wrote:
Yes, my foreclosure reports both late payments and the foreclosure on all 3 agencies.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update-
Disputed 8/01, been pulling TC reports, still no mention of the dispute. Is this normal? I thought TL would show that it was being disputed.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received dispute status today-

'Item verified & updated'
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX has one of the Staples buttons that says "that was easy" when they do their automatic verifications.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
EX has one of the Staples buttons that says "that was easy" when they do their automatic verifications.

Smiley Very Happy  Can picture them using the easy button. Oh well, will drop off Apr 08.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.