Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed item

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed item

Over the last year I worked with a credit restoration company to restore my credit.  I had a judgement on my cr and after working with the company it was removed (2006), I have since paid the judgement. For months after  I have been correcting  items on my cr and the  judgement is no longer on any of the 3 cr's.  Now, I recently (2wks ago) applied for a chase cc and I received a letter dening me.  One of the reasons was because I  had a judgement and they got the info from experian.  If the info for the judgement was removed from my cr,how did chase get this info?  And since chase got this info is it safe to assume that when I apply for a mortage the same info will turn up?
thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputed item

Sounds like the judgement was reinserted. Are you sure it was actually deleted from Experian?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, when I received a corrected cr from all 3 agencies the stated these items were deleted.  I will be writting the 3 agencies about this
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have copies of before and after of the report in case you need them? Do you have a copy of the investigation results stating the tradeline was deleted?

They are suppose to (but rarely do) send you a letter or reinsertion within 5 days of the reinsertion.
Message 4 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also... remember.. The deletion only applies to the person furnishing the report. If the CRA deletes the OC's TL, the OC can sell it to a CA who CA who can then report it. If that CA gets deleted, they can sell to another CA who can report. On and on it can go.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it at least being reported as paid? My understanding is that it still remains on your cr for approx 10 years. I am leary about this places you pay for because as you can see it can come back to haunt you. Also, you can try to do some of this yourself for free. It is time consuming but it is good therapy to reach your goal and keep it there. Has it been a full ten years since it was placed on your cr?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I think I do have the copies of experian stating they were going to delete the judgement.  I will be looking through my files tonight so I can write experian and maybe the other agencies to get this strighten out
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went and requested my free cr's all of them now have the judgements on them but they have the wrong info.  Now will my FICO scores go down they were T-686, Eq-678 & Ex-687.  Also, is there one cra that lenders and cc companies value more that others? When I apply for a mortage which score will be used?
Message 8 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Most mortgage lenders will pull all three and use your median score.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.