cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do FICO 8 Score Increases = Auto Score Increases?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do FICO 8 Score Increases = Auto Score Increases?

Currently awaiting FICO 8 score updates after paying down balances on CCs. 

Was wondering if score increases come through on FICO 8, does that mean my Auto Scores will also increase? 

And will MyFico show the update on all scores?

4 REPLIES 4
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Do FICO 8 Score Increases = Auto Score Increases?

Generally, yes. When FICO 8 scores improve, the FICO derivatives (bankcard score, auto score, etc) usually do as well. MyFICO will update all scores, but if some scores don't change, it doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been updated - just that the score remained the same. I hope that made sense.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification. I just wasn' t sure if I needed to purchase an extra update or something to be able to see if the FICO derivatives also updated. Thank you so much!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 5
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Both Fico 8 industry enhanced versions (Auto and Bankcard) are based off the standard, Classic Fico 8 model. The "enhancements" adjust the magnitude and weighting of scoring factors - not the direction. If Classic Fico 8 score increases due to reduced UT%, both Bankcard and Auto versions will increase as well - with Bankcard seeing the greatest score change. Same holds true with # cards reporting balances.

A bit off topic but of potential interest: The Auto enhanced version of Fico 8  is looking specifically for an open Auto loan and awards "bonus points"even if there are other types of open loans on file. The Bankcard enhanced and Classic versions do not differentiate for Auto loans relative to other installment loans. For all 3 versions there is evidence mortgages might be looked at differently, but that is debated.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very  helpful info...thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.