I sent a dispute to TransUnion on 4/10 so I am expecting to hear back by 5/10. However, since then I have found a couple of other items that I need to dispute. I am refinancing in June so time is of the essense. So, what would be most effective timewise? Does it slow down a dispute to send another in the middle of it? Is it better to wait?
From my experience it's better to do it right away. You get a new report each time a dispute is resolved. They have 30 days to respond to each one so waiting will only prolong the outcome. Hope this helps. Good luck
I see your point Tuscani.Just let nature take it's course and I'm the last one who should be giving credit advice but from the sound of things time is not on her side. By law the CA's got 30 days to respond ot it automatically gets deleted. What happened to me was they kept sending me updated reports as the results came in. If they verify it doesn't usually take the full 30 days but it's good to know as soon as possible in case she's got to pursue it further. Plus TU's all screwed up now. I've been reading all kinds of stories on here so you never know might slip through the cracks. I think the more important question is how much is owed on credit cards and how to pay it off. That seems to make the most difference. If it's high you should get a big boost by paying it down to under 20%. The collection doesn't seem to have too much impact especially if it's over 2 years. I think you only need a middle score of 620 to get a mortgage but you still have time to raise all 3 if you can make the payments before the next time they report. Good luck. Be persistent. You'll do it!
Maybe I'll wait. So how long has TU been screwed up? In a previous dispute with them they deleted my only collection with them that was less than 2 years old. When this happened with experian I got a huge boost. Not so with TU. So, even though I can see on truecredit that the item is deleted, no boost in my score. I wonder if when they finally fix everything I'll finally get a boost.
I'm in the same boat trying to get a home by july it is extremely stressful to wait for scores. If in fact it comes down to the wire your mortgage lender shouldbe able to get the item rescored to pdate the bureau.