Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX DP for Accounts with Balances

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

EX DP for Accounts with Balances

I had a 6 pt drop today with Fico 8 and I couldnt figure what happened and than I realized my Discover posted a balance that usually doesnt show after the statement closes. 

My score here was 819 B of A and Cittizen are mine and Chase and Discover are AU accounts

Before.PNG

Now today 813 after the 6 pt drop B of A, Citizen and my Discover and  the Chase is the AU card. 6 Pt drop due to 2 accounts with balances going to 3....Au accounts with balances went from 2 to 1 

After.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX DP for Accounts with Balances

Thanks for the data! Was the score change for EX8? Any changes to your EX2 score?

Message 2 of 8
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the data! Was the score change for EX8? Any changes to your EX2 score?

Sorry I have fixed it to Fico 8 and no my Fico 2 score was really impacted when I had 3 recent inqs, dropped my score 24pts down to 793, intead of the account balances. 

Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Could also have been more than 50% of your total accounts reported a balance. With 7 accounts dont go over 3 accounts with a balance. That may have helped the dip in scores. Go back to 3 accounts reporting and you'll get the points back. That is if the util % doesnt change.

Message 4 of 8
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Could also have been more than 50% of your total accounts reported a balance. With 7 accounts dont go over 3 accounts with a balance. That may have helped the dip in scores. Go back to 3 accounts reporting and you'll get the points back. That is if the util % doesnt change.

I have 9 accounts on my profile 7 of them are mine 2 are AU....Unsure if the AU accounts are taken into account ?

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yes AU's as yourself are counted on your report as if it was yours. Many have had the original owner of the account rack up balances and it affects both parties. Actually dropping the AU might work in your favor. All accounts will then be you as the primary holder. More credit doesnt always mean higher scores. Its whats reported.

Message 6 of 8
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Yes AU's as yourself are counted on your report as if it was yours. Many have had the original owner of the account rack up balances and it affects both parties. Actually dropping the AU might work in your favor. All accounts will then be you as the primary holder. More credit doesnt always mean higher scores. Its whats reported.

Not really concerned as I am charge of the AU cards and they are all paying my parents small bills like cable, phone, etc. I have 2 of the AU to report a zero balance and 1 to report a $26 charge after statement closes 

Message 7 of 8
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@FireMedic1 I meant how AU factors in with combining the account with balances, perfect example here is TU went down 6 pts and I know why now....on TU I have 7 CCs mine and 1 AU.....3 accounts with balances are all mine and 0 on AU...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.