Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX FICO

tag
calebwshn
Valued Member

EX FICO

Hi guys, I want to know if its possible to get an FICO from Experian. MyFico doesnt offer them and I cant see where to get one on their website. Now that I think about it, do lenders even use Experian reports? 

Current Personal Cards:
Amex Gold - NPSL, Chase Freedom - 3300, Amex Optima - 1100

Current Business Cards
Amex Amazon Business Prime - 3000, Chase Ink Unlimited - 6000

FICO8:
Ex - 702, TU - 727, EQ - 705

INQ:
EX - 7, TU - 3, EQ - 1
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ash4life
New Contributor

Re: EX FICO

Calebwshn, 

Experian does not sell their FICO score except to lenders. Anything you get onlne with an EX score is not the real score. Experian stopped selling their scores to people a number of years ago. Not sure why. 

Different type of lenders use different scores. For example, most mortgage lenders will use the middle of your 3 scores. A mortage lender will pull your score and see different numbers than an auto dealer or bank giving out an auto loan. 

Although the reports may have the same info, the way in which they calculate the score is very different. 

Message 2 of 6
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@ash4life wrote:

Calebwshn, 

Experian does not sell their FICO score except to lenders. Anything you get onlne with an EX score is not the real score. Experian stopped selling their scores to people a number of years ago. Not sure why. 

To be a colossal pain in the butt, if you ask me.

I suspect the reason they stopped selling FICO scores to consumers is so that they could market their own proprietary FAKO to the general public, without having to pay to use the FICO algorithms. Most consumers wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

@ash4life wrote:

Calebwshn, 

To be a colossal pain in the butt, if you ask me.

I suspect the reason they stopped selling FICO scores to consumers is so that they could market their own proprietary FAKO to the general public, without having to pay to use the FICO algorithms. Most consumers wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Maybe one day they'll change their mind.

Message 4 of 6
scrambler
Contributor

EX FICO will be back here at myFICO .com soon, but I dont know how soon.

Check out the press release on the link below.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases-test/fico-and-experian-renew-agreement-to-provide-fico-score...

Message 5 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@scrambler wrote:

EX FICO will be back here at myFICO .com soon, but I dont know how soon.

Check out the press release on the link below.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases-test/fico-and-experian-renew-agreement-to-provide-fico-score...

Had to re-read the article several times, as it appeared to be business/lender related.  However, buried in the article, this line:  Furthermore, Experian will make FICO Scores available to consumers through myFICO.com and through third parties.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.