Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment Data Reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Employment Data Reported

How do I go about updating the Employment Data reported on my credit report.  My position and employer name is wrong. 

How do I change it to be accurate and does this make a difference in your FICO score?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employment Data Reported

Contact the credit bureau and it does not affect your score one bit.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, it does not affect your score.  It's odd that your position was reported -- generally job titles are not.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it doesn't effect your score, why does my report list my amount of outstanding debt as not good?

BTW the total is only $3700.00

I would think this would be based on some kind of debt to income ratio.

I retired from the Army in 1999 and my report shows no employments since. I worked overseas for most of the time since but now am working in the US.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If it doesn't effect your score, why does my report list my amount of outstanding debt as not good?
BTW the total is only $3700.00
I would think this would be based on some kind of debt to income ratio.
I retired from the Army in 1999 and my report shows no employments since. I worked overseas for most of the time since but now am working in the US.

Debt to available credit ratio. Virtually any debt is risk. If you don't owe money you can't fail to pay back. Smiley Happy Owing no money at all leaves you out of practice. The tiniest balance is best.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.