Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Au scoring disappointment

tag
slund5499
Established Contributor

Equifax Au scoring disappointment

After reviewing our credit report, we found equifax is not posting au accounts to my report. Wife's report shows she is AU on 19 of my accounts. My equifax only is listing 2 AU accounts out of 11. All creditors have confirmed they are reporting all accounts to all 3 CRA's.

The 9 missing AU accounts total approximately $18K of credit lines that have less than 1% reporting. This may, also, explain why there is a 40 point difference between my EQ and TU/EX FICo scores.

An incorrect address was somehow reported on my EX report so I disputed it and ended up with 90 day and 180 day fraud alerts on my CR's.

What a terrible way to start my gardening year off......in the hole and backwards from last January.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Au scoring disappointment

I feel where your coming from. Seems the CRAs have tightened up on the criteria. That address being different might be the issue. I think that the address is intially reported on your spouses credit report by the creditors of each tradeline. The CRA (in your case EQ) is comparing the last name and address to your spouses credit report. This would determine whether or not the FICO calculation would count on your spouses score.

But for getting the tradeline added, it shouldn't matter. Maybe informing the creditors of your spouses SSN to send to EQ might do the trick. I have one AU account that never reported to TU, thought it was an address issue on my report, which I resolved, but still no success. I should try again, perhaps the creditor hasn't reported in a while.

Message 2 of 8
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

I have the same thing going on with Equifax and AU accounts.  It's really frustrating. 

There really is no way to dispute that something is missing, only if something is on there.

Message 3 of 8
slund5499
Established Contributor

I hear ya.

My wife is au on 19 of my accounts and every one has reported to all 3 CRA's.

I am au on 9 of her accounts and equifax only shows 2 tradelines.

I have been in contact with the creditors and they assure me that they have been reporting the tradelines since October.

All my wife's accounts are reporting correctly. However, some of them are not reporting to EQ as au.

Message 4 of 8
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@slund5499 wrote:

I hear ya.

My wife is au on 19 of my accounts and every one has reported to all 3 CRA's.

I am au on 9 of her accounts and equifax only shows 2 tradelines.

I have been in contact with the creditors and they assure me that they have been reporting the tradelines since October.

All my wife's accounts are reporting correctly. However, some of them are not reporting to EQ as au.

Same here.  It is really frustrating that they aren't held to some kind of standard.  A real one that is actually doable without going through hell and highwater.

Message 5 of 8
slund5499
Established Contributor

I would love to be able to complain to someone about this double standard.

Reort the wife's au accounts but not the husband.....

Message 6 of 8
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Hell, right now they aren't even reporting my dad's OWN card on his account and it has been MONTHS. 

They, to me, are the worst of the 3.  TU is slow, but the eventually get it, EQ just decided to report what they do and don't want. (at least it seems that way.)

EX, for me, is always on top of everything and quickly.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like I'm the exact opposite, my TU shows nothing tied to any account I'm AU on at all. Most of them I was AU on at account opening. They used back in September 2015 then suddenly all of the AU accounts dropped at the same time. My EQ and EX report them all which is crazy cause my TU says I have $12,050 total credit, while EQ says $51,200. The only plus from that, the balance total gives me a lower utili on my TU at 12% and my EQ says 16% with all the other accounts added in

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.