Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

tag
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website, with its own ScoreWatch and Score Simulator programs. They say that they use the FICO scoring formula.

Anyone else know anything about this?

I took a chance and bought the service for a month, and there's almost a 100 point difference from MyFICO and the EQ FICO score. In fact, my EQ Score Power report (from the EQ site) has LESS negatives on it than the FICO report, but my score is considerably less.

What the hey?

BTW - Before people start sending responses with the standard set of answers, I KNOW that "you can only get FICO scores from FICO" - but Equifax is explicitly stating that it uses FICO software and that FICO has endorsed their scoring. This is where this is somewhat different.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

WTF are you talking about?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you post a link to this?

Neblett wrote:
Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website....

Message 3 of 18
Neblett
Regular Contributor

ScoreWatch: http://www.equifax.com/cs/Satellite?pagename=swe_detail&DATI=ACoBADFhMloAADxu2WGsOv%2Bi1FG8MYCdPl7F3h2X6xCfahwGkbhPaAL4AHKRsWbJcp4K%2BeFt%0AJSBrB4jXns72T0Q1kSBY%2Bv6VUkC%2FXfyxbs%2Bs4AqEF5wZBthocO6MacpY9XGfkjP6T7QeTYgG%0AGEe%2B1ooe5o%2FpRwmYlkRT8VYm%2F%2BqXf4EfPMPtZM1Sl2vxL7mtvRtdUIWtp1B8s0A9

Score Power: http://www.equifax.com/fico-credit-score/
Message 4 of 18
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Here's what I get from the EQ FICO ScoreWatch program:

Type of Account Number of Accounts Total Balance of Accounts
Mortgage 0 $0
Installment 28 $98,713
Revolving 4 $56
Other 0 $0
Total Accounts 32 $98,769

Number of Open Accounts: 8
Number of Closed Accounts: 24
Total Accounts in Good Standing: 30
Accounts Currently Past Due: 0
Negative Account History: 0
Inquiries in Last 12 Months: 32

With 30 Accounts in Good Standing and 0 Negs and 0 Past Due, why is my score "Poor"?
Message 5 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:
Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website, with its own ScoreWatch and Score Simulator programs. They say that they use the FICO scoring formula.

Anyone else know anything about this?

I took a chance and bought the service for a month, and there's almost a 100 point difference from MyFICO and the EQ FICO score. In fact, my EQ Score Power report (from the EQ site) has LESS negatives on it than the FICO report, but my score is considerably less.

What the hey?

BTW - Before people start sending responses with the standard set of answers, I KNOW that "you can only get FICO scores from FICO" - but Equifax is explicitly stating that it uses FICO software and that FICO has endorsed their scoring. This is where this is somewhat different.

An EQ score from their website will be the same as a FICO EQ score.  Not true for the other two CRAs though.
Message 6 of 18
Neblett
Regular Contributor

fused111 wrote:

An EQ score from their website will be the same as a FICO EQ score.  Not true for the other two CRAs though.

REALLY?!

MyFICO says my score is 622, while EQ FICO says its 585.  My math skills may be a little fuzzy, but I know they ain't equal.
Message 7 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:

fused111 wrote:

REALLY?!

MyFICO says my score is 622, while EQ FICO says its 585.  My math skills may be a little fuzzy, but I know they ain't equal.

If you pull your EQ report from equifax. com with a score, then come to my FICO and pull your FICO EQ score, they are suppose to be indentical.  Unless of course, something suddenly happens in the span of time it took you to pull both.

So you pulled an EQ from this site and one from equifax.com?
Message 8 of 18
Neblett
Regular Contributor

fused111 wrote:

If you pull your EQ report from equifax. com with a score, then come to my FICO and pull your FICO EQ score, they are suppose to be indentical.  Unless of course, something suddenly happens in the span of time it took you to pull both.

Yes, I did.  Both today.
Message 9 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:

fused111 wrote:

Yes, I did.  Both today.

The scores should be the same. Are there any differences in the two reports? You bought an updated MyFICO report right?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.