cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax incorrectly reported 0% utilization on CR, no installment loans, dropped my score 31 pts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax incorrectly reported 0% utilization on CR, no installment loans, dropped my score 31 pts

I pulled my monthly report today, and my Equifax score dropped 31 points TODAY. I'm like What?? So I pulled a copy of the free one to compare, and they INCORRECTLY reported all my cards as 0 balance, and it shows that all my installment loans are closed with 0 balance?? Several of the cards  should have balances,  and all of the installment loans definitely still have balances, so I'm not sure whats happening??

I'm almost afraid to contact them for fear that they will screw something up even worse 🙄🙄 Any advice on what to do?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax incorrectly reported 0% utilization on CR, no installment loans, dropped my score 31 pts

Hello,

Do you have the previous month CR to make sure it was messed up just one? This is so crazy. I'm scared if you call they will mess it up more. Also maybe wait a month to see if your score goes up. 

Message 2 of 23
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax incorrectly reported 0% utilization on CR, no installment loans, dropped my score 31 pts

At least you are seeing some movement from Equifax.  They have been very slow in reporting for several on this forum.  I would say that if the balance on those cards is down far enough, some institutions will report a zero balance rather than lets say $5.00.  Check your last month report with Equifax versus this month and see if you can find the change.  Equifax is a hard agency to deal with.  The screwups are tremendous.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 23
rostrow416
Established Contributor

I just noticed this happened to me yesterday on my Credit Karma.  Equifax shot up 70 points because all my student loans and car loans reported closed.  I thought it was just a CK glitch.  I'm due to get all 3 bureaus refreshed through Experian so I'll hold off a few days before I freak out.  It's probably just a glitch.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 4 of 23
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Remember VS reports differently than FICO.  Do not be surprised at those results.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

These reports are myfico monthly report and the free one from annual credit report. Neither of these are vantage. The free credit report doesn't give scores, but it shows all the accounts. The myfico gives both scores and the accounts.

All of the accounts that they show closed, zero balances had balances. Some of those balances should be very high- like my car loans and my student loans. The credit cards that had balances were anywhere from a couple hundred to $8k. 

None of this is making any sense. I am hoping that it is just a glitch. If it doesn't fix itself by next week when I can pull the annual credit report again, I guess that I will have no choice but to contact Equifax *gulp* 🙄😳

Message 6 of 23
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Me too!! Another EQ massive glitch, lets hope it self corrects. How scarey taht they have this much control, or lack thereof, over our financial picture.

Message 7 of 23
rostrow416
Established Contributor

This wasn't a VS/FICO thing - the actual report shows open accounts with balances as Closed - 0 balance.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 8 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I found out this morning that I too have this issue!!!

I admit I ping my report between all my services a lot. This morning I reviewed on CK and my EQ score JUMPED 63 points since last week FRI which is impossible.  Now I'm thinking..okay, score jump...what happened...well all my Installment Accounts are showing Closed...Mortgage, Car Loans all show closed and as a result, my util went to ZERO (I haven't carried other balances) and while the score jump is nice...it's clearly not right.  As it's the end of the month and these accounts will report again in the coming weeks with the next payment have been posted, I am hoping it corrects itself.  

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at least Equifax didn't just single me out 🙄  My TU and EX reports are fine. Its just my Equifax. Anyone ever have this "glitch" happen before? And did it correct itself or do I need to make some phone calls?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.