Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is the Devil

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax is the Devil

For my credit profile, EQ seems to be more sensitive on %util while TU on the #of cards reporting a balance

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS - Right now, my utilization stands at 51.9%.  And, I need to correct myself, because I realize I had an error on my Excel sheet. Previously, before I put on my credit card payoff superhero costume and got serious about this, my aggregate utilization was 70.9%, not 80% as I stated.

So in a nutshell...I went from 70.9% to 51.9% aggregate, paying off Credit One and paying down First Premier, and I received 33 points from Equifax. I will get a few more aggregate percentage points knocked off (By my calculation - down to 47%) once the smaller payments I made this month to Merrick, Brylane, and my other First Premier card report to the bureaus.

NEXT:
My Capital One cards report around the 21st. 
The payments I just made will take my Cap1 QS card from 93% to 68%. My Cap 1 Platnium will go from 89% to 65%.  This will bring my aggregate utilization down to 41.8%.

Message 12 of 17
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm only half jokingSmiley Wink.  It just seems like Equifax is the most stubborn of the big three. Am I alone in feeling this way? lol.

No... Communication with EQ is like a native English speaker trying to communicate using Swahili to a native French speaker. 

I have requested, disputed, and threatened EQ to remove a former address on my CR which I have never lived at, used to apply for credit or as a mailing address. Three confirmation numbers and still no results. I am giving them the 30 days from the last confirmation to remove the address before I file complaints with the CFPB, FTC, BBB, social media and anyone else I can think of. I am at my wits end with EQ. 

I am one of the millions of consumers affected by EQs data breach as well!

EQUIFAX is SATAN INCARNATE!!!

At least they continued my TrustedID subscription for free. I guess that is something. LOL

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 13 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Is TrustedID even worth anything?

I logged in the other day as one of my monitoring services wasn't available for EQ anymore, and I saw the report with a balance now reporting and was all "fantastic!" until I realized it was literally from last year.

What use is that =/.

        
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's not even begin to how half the time, you can't log into EQ's website because your information doesn't match. UGH.

Anyway - I have a TU update. The payoff finally updated and I received 19 points!

So TU is now 671, EQ is 638.
Knock knockin on 700's door

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

I logged in the other day as one of my monitoring services wasn't available for EQ anymore, and I saw the report with a balance now reporting and was all "fantastic!" until I realized it was literally from last year.

What use is that =/.

The report does not update automatically. But you can pull a new report  each day..  As far as I know TrustID  is the  only place that provides   free daily  EQ reports.

Message 16 of 17
iv
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

What use is that =/.

It does allow unlimited report pulls... but only manually.

Go to "My Account/Account Overview", click "Get New Report" listed next to the initial product ordered during the "equifax2017.com" signup period (or the last paid product, if you had one, I understand?).... then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the "Order Now" button.

It's basically the paid trustedid.com site layout, just with the money collection removed. 

But the clicktrail is the same as if you were actually buying a new report each time.

They didn't bother building a new site for the breach response... just disabled billing.

It's weird, and a PITA. But it's at least free, on-demand, and even shows SPs.

(Could be worse... they could lose all our data. Oh. Wait.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.