Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax reporting wrong late payment

tag
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Equifax reporting wrong late payment

Equifax is reporting the 'first date of major delinqency' as a late payment on one of my accounts.  I filed bankruptcy in April 2017 & I haven't missed a payment since then.  It's been almost 2 years ago so that should be the date of my last degroratory but it's stating my last late was 3 months ago.  It seems to me for some weird reason, Equifax is counting the 'first date of major delinqency' as a late payment on one of my accounts.  

In addition to that this account was paid in March of 2017 so I can't understand how it can be delinquent in November 2018.  I already disputed this with the company but they are telling me they are reporting it right.  I can't tell if it's an issue with Equifax or the way the company reported it.

Do anyone have any advise on what I should do?

fico.pngh.png

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax reporting wrong late payment

Update:

So I have been disputing the DOFD date on this account since November with this company.  The account was paid in March 2017 & they are updating it as a new delinquent account.  I have send letters, emails, faxes, disputed it with credit bureaus at least 3 times and I just filed a complaint with BBB.  Now after all that the company finally updates my report again.  They removed all the lates from the account (I didn't even ask them to do that but I'm grateful) but they updated the DOFD to 02/2019 & now my credit report says last late 0 months ago.  My credit score dropped again.  Are this people stupid or what?

I sent another letter yesterday demanding that they update my credit reports with the correct dates or remove the charge off status all together.  Can anyone think of anything else that can be done about this?

January 2022
Message 2 of 4
Kree
Established Contributor

There are legal remedies. I would recommend talking to a consumer finance lawyer.

There are also a few people on this board that have successfully sued, that might pitch in.

Message 3 of 4
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Thank you.  I will look into that right now.

January 2022
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.