cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax reporting wrong late payment

Regular Contributor

Equifax reporting wrong late payment

Equifax is reporting the 'first date of major delinqency' as a late payment on one of my accounts.  I filed bankruptcy in April 2017 & I haven't missed a payment since then.  It's been almost 2 years ago so that should be the date of my last degroratory but it's stating my last late was 3 months ago.  It seems to me for some weird reason, Equifax is counting the 'first date of major delinqency' as a late payment on one of my accounts.  

In addition to that this account was paid in March of 2017 so I can't understand how it can be delinquent in November 2018.  I already disputed this with the company but they are telling me they are reporting it right.  I can't tell if it's an issue with Equifax or the way the company reported it.

Do anyone have any advise on what I should do?

fico.pngh.png

Filed Chapter 7 on 4/4/17 Discharged on 7/20/17
Scores after Discharged: EX 567, EQ 580, and TU 559
Current scores: EX 656, EQ 663, and TU 665

Cards in my wallet: Merrick Bank $750.00 First Premier $825.00 Credit One $700.00 Kohls $700.00 Victoria Secret $500.00 NY & Company $500.00 Williams Sonoma store card $1000.00 PayPal Credit $1500.00

Patiently waiting for my inquiry count to decrease so I can get rid of these subprime cards...After 2 years of rebuilding & paying unnecessary fees it is definitely time for an upgrade

Credit Goals: Obtain a 700 or better by April 2019 (2 years after bk)
Be mortgage ready by the end of 2019 (Homeownership is in my sight)

Message 1 of 1