Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax score

Where can we find the real Equifax score for free except for credit check total? I am tired of getting the free trial for a week then hassling to call to cancel....
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax score

An app for iphone I have called "lenny" does this. Free EQ fico once per month. They operate in Cali I believe. Even with no account with them I get an updated fico on 15th of month. If no iphone see if they create an app for other phones.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lemmy discontinued the free EQ score this month.  Unless you have an open credit line with them.

Fingerhut offers free monthly EQ with their rebuilder store card.  You can get it using the SCT method (no hard inquiry, usually!).

Message 3 of 12
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

Citi does also
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, Citi does Equifax.  Interesting, cuz MyFICO has my Equifax score at 735, Citi has it at 746.  Which is it?  Those are both updated scores SUPPOSEDLY.  MyFICO TU is 758 and EXP 797?  What gives with EQ?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI's EQ isn't FICO8 but another flavor of FICO.

From Citi's website: https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/Products/FICO-Score

Your FICO® Score is calculated based on data from Equifax using the FICO® Bankcard Score 8 model and is the same score we use, among other information, to manage your account.  This model has a FICO® Score range from 250 through 900.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh OK, still confusing, but OK.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's like comparing the SAT to the ACT -- both measure the same thing but differently and are used by different groups for basically the same reason.

Read: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where can we find the real Equifax score for free except for credit check total? I am tired of getting the free trial for a week then hassling to call to cancel....

No need to torture yourself with a phone call to cancel.  Cancel via email using help at credit check total dot com.  I start my $1 trial and send a cancellation email later in the day or the following day at most.  They usually send an email confirmation back in 2-3 days saying that they got my email and are cancelling it.  If not, I send another email on Day 4 or Day 5 of the trial.  I've cancelled many a $1 trial with emails. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBS. .... thanks I might try that next time. What information do you put in the email ? so that I know I have it worded right.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.