Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in FICO score

I am able to view my FICO score on wellsfargo.com and it's lower than I expected.

Under "Factors affecting your current FICO® Score" it says I have:

Serious delinquency - FICO® Scores consider the presence of a serious delinquency (very late payment) on a person’s credit report as a powerful predictor of future payment risk. Your score was impacted because your credit report shows one or more serious delinquencies.

Too few accounts currently paid as agreed - FICO® Scores consider the number of accounts that are paid as agreed. Your score was impacted because the number of these accounts is too low, or because you've missed payments recently on some of your accounts.

I've checked my credit reports from all 3 agencies and they show no accounts with delinquencies, serious or otherwise, and no missed payments.  Furthermore, they also say my FICO score was impacted because "Your score was impacted by having too many accounts with balances.", so presumably the number of accounts are not too low.

How can I correct my FICO score?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error in FICO score

I just checked my FICO score on americanexpress.com and it's 70 points higher than the one reported by wellsfargo.com.  Not surprisingly they don't include the Serious Deliquency and "Too few accounts currently paid as agreed" factors as contributing to my score.

Wells Fargo says they are reporting a FICO 9 score vs. FICO 8 for American Express, but I don't think that should make a 70 point difference.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few possibilities:

1) My Fico 8 Bankcard and Fico 8 are 60 points apart. I suppose it is plausible that your score could be right but the factor codes are not reporting properly with WF.

2) You could have a split file. The negative accounts (that may be fraudulent) may be on a report that you don't have access to.

3) You could have a mixed file. This can happen even with uncommon names if someone has a close SSN and a 'similar' name.

Wells should be able to give you some more information regarding your report. When my file was mixed, I was alerted by Chase. They were instrumental in figuring out what was going on. In that case, I had to ask for all the details they had. It turned out that someone with a different name got mixed with my TU file, and disputed my accounts as fradulent. Sorting it was a pain, but I never would have figured it out if I hadn't called Chase.

Message 3 of 7
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just checked my FICO score on americanexpress.com and it's 70 points higher than the one reported by wellsfargo.com.  Not surprisingly they don't include the Serious Deliquency and "Too few accounts currently paid as agreed" factors as contributing to my score.

Wells Fargo says they are reporting a FICO 9 score vs. FICO 8 for American Express, but I don't think that should make a 70 point difference.

American Express reports Experian Fico 8 for me. Does Wells Fargo pull from Experian or do the use a different CRA?

The data in your files may differ by CRA and that will influence score.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get this resolved? I get free fico scores from several sources. The one I get from Navy Federal Credit Union says ‘serious delinquency’ as well. None of my others do nor do any of my 3 reports. And no letters in the mail from anyone so not sure why NFCU says this.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed this is a few months old but I just got an American Express gold card and noticed the two factors under my credit score have to do with a delinquency that is nowhere on my Experian credit report or has not been on my credit report in the past
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.