Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian 28 point Drop?!

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Experian 28 point Drop?!

Ok I know CB scores fluctuate I get it but this is super random is anyone else having a random pretty big drop with Experian Today?!   I don't have any lates, no new accounts, I actually paid off one of my credit cards end of last month as well as made other large payments, no collections....so I am racking my brain trying to figure it out what made it drop that much?!      Is it just me?!

26 REPLIES 26
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian 28 point Drop?!

You're not alone, @Girlzilla88 . Any DPs to share on which particular scores you lost points from? I also made a post about it this morning, here is the link so you can see the details without cluttering up this post. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Help-understanding-EX-2-and-EX-3-point-l...

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 27
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Ficoproblems247     At least I'm not alone it came from my EX subscription so it hasn't posted to MYFICO which one, so I don't know if that helps?!     I just find it super odd and in the Alert it just says Your score has dropped from X to X, no note as to what caused it or anything when usually it says your amount raised by X on such and such card so we dropped you YZ.....

Message 3 of 27
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

You didn't happen to pay everything off and get hit with an AZ penalty, did you? I see you mentioned large payments. Is this your EX score 8 that decreased by that much? It's weird because all my 8s stayed stagnant but my EX 2s went way down. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 27
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

My EX and my spouse's both went up slightly today (a couple of points).  I can make a few suggestions as to what might have caused your score drop (basically, things that I don't see are ruled out by what is in your signature) that may or may not apply to your profile:

1) AZ penalty

2) AU AZ penalty

3) Closed account falling off EX

4) Closed account hitting 3 years (when was your original loan on the Malibu opened?)

Dunno if any of those are helpful

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Ok I know CB scores fluctuate I get it but this is super random is anyone else having a random pretty big drop with Experian Today?!   I don't have any lates, no new accounts, I actually paid off one of my credit cards end of last month as well as made other large payments, no collections....so I am racking my brain trying to figure it out what made it drop that much?!      Is it just me?!

An aging metric could have caused scorecard reassignment.

SO EX scores all went up 7-9pts on 11/1 with no changes between 10/31 and 11/1 besides age.

Message 6 of 27
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Slabenstein      I want to say I origianlly got the Malibu in 2017 yes, but I refinanced it December 2018 so I guess that may be the most sense of them all?!     I know it's not an AZ penalty lol     my UTL is still pretty high in the 70% maybe 60% I need things to update on what I paid off and paid down to know...I will do some digging to see if anything fell off that is older.       I didn't think of a 3 year issue?!    Can someone elaborate on that what that is and how it affects scoring!?

Message 7 of 27
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous      It has to be an age somewhere then...Ok I will further dig.    Thank you all

Message 8 of 27
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Ok so my original Malibu Financing was from NOVEMBER 2017 and it does say CLOSED now so why is that a penalty and why do they close out at 3 years?!      Wouldn't it still be ok since it's still reported perfect payments and my current one reports perfect payments?!    I'm confused why that would be a bad thing?!

Message 9 of 27
ccquest
Established Contributor

I'm not sure what Malibu Financing means, but if it was a paid installment loan that is now closed, maybe your utilization there spiked? I lost about 20 points when I refinanced my private student loans because loan utilization was back above 90%.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.