cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian App adds credit card usage rating for every card.

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian App adds credit card usage rating for every card.

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine says no credit on the ones that say zero as well, but if I let it report any amount it becomes fair. There are definitely not just two ratings though as I have one card that lists medium.

Thats interesting. For the card pictured above, I havent used it in atleast 6 months but I quite regularly spend money on other amex cards. So it should be reporting no credit as it hasnt had a balance in quite some time.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine says no credit on the ones that say zero as well, but if I let it report any amount it becomes fair. There are definitely not just two ratings though as I have one card that lists medium.

Thats interesting. For the card pictured above, I havent used it in atleast 6 months but I quite regularly spend money on other amex cards. So it should be reporting no credit as it hasnt had a balance in quite some time.

I do at least 8 purchases on each of my cards monthly. I was looking at it the other day before I let my discover post, and it was at no credit. The one that reports medium currently is my card I let report a balance monthly. I guess it is just for utilization though, "no credit" is the same thing as zero balance and then I guess "medium" would be 30% or less. I really want to know what "high" would be though, I have a 1000 credit limit for american express and I realized I never let it post a balance before, so I let it report 800 (I paid it off straight away, it was just to let it report a balance for the first time after 8 months of having it) and it still only said "medium". I think it's useless, why can't they just show the utilization percentage on mobile?

Message 12 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

I have “usage” showing for each of my revolving and installment loans as well. Every single one of my revolving accounts show as “far”, including credit card accounts that I use almost daily, as well as those that I have not used in months. I have two installment accounts, which do not show any rating under “Usage”.

I would imagine that the rating of “fair” in this area does not mean a whole lot, however it seems off that I can credit scores of 850 across the board, but every account showing as “fair” in regard to usage. Oh well. 🤣
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 13 of 14
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

I notice the usage category as well. For one of my accounts that’s 40% utilization it shows ‘medium’ and for the one that is close to max it shows ‘high’!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.