Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Highes FICO Score???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Highes FICO Score???

Hello all, I just checked all of my 3 fico scores with eq, ex, and tu and ex is showing to be the highest:

TU - 544
EQ - 558
EX - 627

Now I thought TU was normally the highest and EX was the lowest.  Am i wrong?  What is the norm in terms of who is the highest, lowest and middle? 

I reviewed my credit reports with all three and EX is basically showing the same stuff as EQ and TU but actually reporting one late payment for August for a CO that EQ is not showing as a late payment.

Please help me understand.  I am in credit repair mode and so am trying to learn all about this stuff...so your help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Highes FICO Score???

The answer is, your mileage may vary.

Scores seem to vary randomly in terms of which agency is highest and lowest...for some, EQ is their friend, whereas for me it seems they view my credit life through crap-colored glasses.

I have a suspicion EQ's model has a little more inertia, making it slower to recover if your credit is on the mend. However, I haven't seen enough samples of credit reportsd, situations, and scores to assert that as fact.
Message 2 of 6
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

TU has always been the lowest for me. EQ and EX have been my two highest; currently EX as my highest.

I find that the EQ score is more susceptible to change with inquiries/new accounts, whereas the EX is more resilient. Though I'm sure this differs from person to person.

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

andyaycw wrote:
TU has always been the lowest for me. EQ and EX have been my two highest; currently EX as my highest.

I find that the EQ score is more susceptible to change with inquiries/new accounts, whereas the EX is more resilient. Though I'm sure this differs from person to person.

I agree that EQ does not like new accounts especially with folks who have very high scores, over 750. I noticed EX punishes folks with new inqs.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed EX punishes folks with new inqs.

YES- They do.
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:

I agree that EQ does not like new accounts especially with folks who have very high scores, over 750. I noticed EX punishes folks with new inqs.

EX just punishes me - and I only have one inq with them!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.