Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian PLUS

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Experian PLUS

Does the EXPERIAN PLUS SCORE have any value when it comes to credit decisons? Where can I get my actual Experian FICO score? and also which scoring system do creditors usually use? Thanks!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian PLUS

PLUS Scores are the Experian proprietary model.  The agreement between Experian and FICO ended a few years back, and since then you are not able to purchase your true FICO Experian scores.  Creditors can use any and/or all three bureaus and will nearly every time use FICO scores.  There are also different types of FICO scores not available to the consumer that are used in different industries, i.e. Auto Enhanced, for auto loans.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 4
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Does the EXPERIAN PLUS SCORE have any value when it comes to credit decisons? Where can I get my actual Experian FICO score? and also which scoring system do creditors usually use? Thanks!!

The Experian "Plus" score, a score not sold to lenders, nonetheless correlates with FICO scores better than VantageScore which is actually sold to a few lenders. It's one of the scores used in the CFPB score study and has a correlation of around .93 with FICO scores. That may sound high but it means you can expect a good chance that FICO and Plus will vary more than 50 points.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/CFPB-released-a-report-comparing-FAKOs-FI...

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 3 of 4
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I see, now i can rely on my fico scores when applying for credit cards or loans. Thanks for all the information!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.