Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian is a trip!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian is a trip!

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t see how they can do anything different. 

Super simple:  Put a disclaimer in place stating that the alert reason given may have absolutely nothing to do with the score change seen right next to it.  This would solve 90% of the problem, instantly.

Have you read the thread linked above to the product feedback section of the forum?  There are many members aside from myself that believe that adding such a disclaimer should be a no-brainer.

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you’re adding that disclaimer, might as well remove the reason codes altogether. You can’t please everyone. They ought to just add an option to turn off the reason codes on alerts. 

Message 22 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The alert verbiage aren’t reason codes to be clear on terminology (excepting a specific category of TU alerts) and it’s an admittedly suboptimal product implementation but deception no.

I suspect for any human you can’t possibly tell me this rates compared to some truly deceitful things we have all experienced... or at least state it non-deceitfully Smiley Wink.

        
Message 23 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
The alert verbiage aren’t reason codes to be clear on terminology (excepting a specific category of TU alerts) and it’s an admittedly suboptimal product implementation but deception no.

I suspect for any human you can’t possibly tell me this rates compared to some truly deceitful things we have all experienced... or at least state it non-deceitfully Smiley Wink.

What kind of logic is that @Revelate ? It's not deceitful because there are more deceitful things in the world? Puh-leeze.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 24 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

What kind of logic is that @Revelate ? It's not deceitful because there are more deceitful things in the world? Puh-leeze.

Laugh, deceitful implies intention, it is not intenteded to mislead.  Period.

You want to soften up the description sure I'll agree to that, till then it's a bunch of hyperbole over an issue which doesn't even rate in my world and really shouldn't in any others'.

Last post on this topic for me TBH, I apologize for picking the fight as I shouldn't have in the first place.

        
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Laugh, deceitful implies intention, it is not intenteded to mislead.  Period.

Whether or not it is intended to mislead to me is irrelevant.  What matters is that it in fact does mislead regardless of lack of intent.  The 2-3 active threads that we see every day on the forum started by confused members that were mislead provide more than enough evidence that a problem exists.  And, I'd be surprised if 10% of those that were mislead actually post about it.  Think about how many people don't post and simply go on with life thinking that if (for example) they pay down a balance their FICO scores drop and how that could lead to unnecessary paying of interest in the future. 

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you’re adding that disclaimer, might as well remove the reason codes altogether. You can’t please everyone. They ought to just add an option to turn off the reason codes on alerts. 

I'm not understanding what reason codes have to do with a discussion on alerts vs score changes?

A [negative] reason code provides a definite source of score suppression.  An alert does not provide a definite source/reason for a score change. 

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not understanding what reason codes have to do with a discussion on alerts vs score changes?

A [negative] reason code provides a definite source of score suppression.  An alert does not provide a definite source/reason for a score change. 

Reason code in this context means alert since it would be possible to generate an alert with no reasoning given. I am not talking about definitive FICO reason codes, I just was using it to differentiate between a score only alert and an alert accompanied with profile changes listed. 

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Reason code in this context means alert since it would be possible to generate an alert with no reasoning given. I am not talking about definitive FICO reason codes, I just was using it to differentiate between a score only alert and an alert accompanied with profile changes listed. 

I guess I'm still not following you.  What do you mean that it's possible to generate an alert with no reasoning given?  The alert reason (change to your CR) is the reason, no?  Alert:  Your balance has decreased.  Alert:  A new inquiry was added.  Etc.  As far as I know, no one ever receives an Alert with no reason given.  I don't have any of these MF products, so the only times I've personally seen alerts and such are when members take screen shots and post them, so perhaps I'm understanding something incorrectly.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I'm still not following you.  What do you mean that it's possible to generate an alert with no reasoning given?  The alert reason (change to your CR) is the reason, no?  Alert:  Your balance has decreased.  Alert:  A new inquiry was added.  Etc.  As far as I know, no one ever receives an Alert with no reason given.  I don't have any of these MF products, so the only times I've personally seen alerts and such are when members take screen shots and post them, so perhaps I'm understanding something incorrectly.

I had to say something other than suggesting getting rid of alerts since that would remove score updates too. I tacked on reason code terminology so that I wasn’t just suggesting removal of alerts altogether but rather the option to remove the statement of changes that comes in with the score change alert. 

Basically I am saying they should add an option to get a score change only update for people who are bothered by the list of changes given not actually being the reason for the score change. 

If its still not clear, I give up trying to explain my meaning. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.